Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noshutdown

hardest full-doom2-replacing megawad?

ok guyz, i know there are many ultra-hard pwads and mappers in the world to talk about. but i would add one condition: the megawad must meant to be full doom2-replacing, that is, compiled with 32 instead of just a few levels, like hr/hr2, av, sod, resurgence and so on.
and when talking about "hardest" you know its not just a huge bunch of monsters, but something demanding in all kinds of skills: limited supplies, lacking of covers and rooms for maneuvering, traps, strategy, and so on.

sorry to just post a wad name and leave: ESP.wad is a megawad by TimeofDeath, full of monster-packed challenge maps with very specific gameplay. some of the levels seem rather speedmapped and BFG-worshipping but the more ambitious ones feel unique within in the mapping scene in terms of level-developing mechanics and architecture as well as being crazy hard.

I've tried many times but I don't think I can beat a single one of the maps in ESP without saves.

noshutdown said:

and when talking about "hardest" you know its not just a huge bunch of monsters, but something demanding in all kinds of skills

What about Arch-Vile Jump?

I was interested in ESP but it seems like it's more of a "best of" collection of ToD maps, with nearly half from Slaughterfest, rather than it's own megawad. I'll add Urania to the hard WADs list. Absolutely brutal combat from Pistol Start as well as huge, non-linear maps that really test your navigation skills.

yakfak said:

sorry to just post a wad name and leave: ESP.wad is a megawad by TimeofDeath, full of monster-packed challenge maps with very specific gameplay. some of the levels seem rather speedmapped and BFG-worshipping but the more ambitious ones feel unique within in the mapping scene in terms of level-developing mechanics and architecture as well as being crazy hard.

Hmmm interesting, why nobody informated me about this WAD? Exist a walktrought videos? :) Ok, I look this on weekend

after trying them out i would say swiftdeath is my favorite type, sunlust maps on the other hand are too large and not so intense from the start all the way to the exit.