Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MancubusBruiser1988

Sound stopped working

For some reason the music and sound has stopped working on every wad on my pc. I have tried multiple things such as placing different files in the main Doom directory and messing round between gz an zdoom but nothing works... I have had my pc crashing a few times lately. I also had not changed anything doom related. Any ideas??

MancubusBruiser1988 said:

I have had my pc crashing a few times lately.

First things first...

What are your system specs? Do you have the latest drivers for your PC installed?

Make sure you've actually extracted the archives properly, that includes the openal and/or fmodex dlls. Also absolutely make sure you're not sticking zdoom or gzdoom in the same folder, as their dlls cannot be safely mixed.

Too many unknown variables here, like which versions of ZDoom/GZDoom you are using, whether you get sound problems in other apps/Windows itself as well, what OS and hardware you're using etc. Just saying "sound in my Doom stopped working" doesn't really help.

The very least try getting a fresh copy of the latest ZDoom/GZDoom and install each of them in its own folder, without getting any other crap "mixed in". Also, use a launcher to avoid copying IWADs and PWADs around when you have multiple ports.