Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Hell Followed DLC

Does anyone know what's about the new Hell Followed DLC coming this 27th of October? I saw a teaser image of it on the Doom Fanpage on Instagram. So, I'm asking you guys about the topic.

They wasted their time making these beautiful maps just so nobody will play them, Lol, If only the game had Bots, I'd get that season pass .

fucking my god. just look at all the effort and dedication they're investing in making such beautiful detailing work and texturing and modeling for just a couple of maps, just so that they can garner hits from a nearly nonexistent crowd in a dead game mode.

when will these guys get to their heads that the actual gameplay brings nothing new to the table and that it simply isn't anything interesting? that people have long since moved away from the multiplayer? that singleplayer and snapmap are what people are all about now? what in the fuck is wrong with bethesda's marketing department? why would ID insist on pulling this shit willingly?

why am I sitting on my own leg and chewing down on this old nougat bar as I'm typing this?

They're part of a season pass that promises multiplayer content. They kind of have to release it even if they know the multiplayer is borderline dead.

MrSkeltal said:

They're part of a season pass that promises multiplayer content. They kind of have to release it even if they know the multiplayer is borderline dead.

Fantastic sreenshots! Am I the only one here who thinks that those assets from possible SP expansion....those look tooo good, why to use it for Mp only....and those riuns....I'm sorry that could be an earth based map in some ruined city)))

Holy shit....3d artists at id are some crazy dudes....they must be obssesed with devil for sure XD. Just look at those details and design....I'm crying)))

Almonds said:

fucking my god. just look at all the effort and dedication they're investing in making such beautiful detailing work and texturing and modeling for just a couple of maps, just so that they can garner hits from a nearly nonexistent crowd in a dead game mode.

when will these guys get to their heads that the actual gameplay brings nothing new to the table and that it simply isn't anything interesting? that people have long since moved away from the multiplayer? that singleplayer and snapmap are what people are all about now? what in the fuck is wrong with bethesda's marketing department? why would ID insist on pulling this shit willingly?

why am I sitting on my own leg and chewing down on this old nougat bar as I'm typing this?

Because this is what they were working on/where the resources were invested before launch. They can't just turn that around and shit out this magical SP/co-op shit people keep asking for. Ain't gonna happen.

Am I the only who thinks multiplayer deathmatch is a blast and 100 times better than the multiplayer in other shooters? It's like Unreal Tournament all over again, what more could you ask for?

These new maps and player models look badass.

I play quite often, my Ps4 nickname (before anyone bitches; I can't use my main PC for high-end games due to it has to be noise-free with a shitty GFX card for recording purposes) is ThorSouthshire.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

They wasted their time making these beautiful maps just so nobody will play them, Lol, If only the game had Bots, I'd get that season pass .

Aren't they planning on adding bot support at some point?

I'm convinced Id Software are wise enough to understand the weak Multiplayer launch and how it needs to make some big changes to breathe new life. Bots are bound to come in and potentially user made dedicated servers at some point.

I just want them to connect all the DLC Maps into a level and release it as free SP content :P

DooM_RO said:

Such cool art wasted on a mediocre MP.

If I said that a month ago I'd probably get so much shit for it lol. Tbh I think I'm dreaming, heh. someone pinch me.

Maybe the content can be used for snapmaps, and id said something about themselves releasing sp maps slowly slowly. (the 'featured' part of the snap map menu, where there currently are d1 e1-3 remade) Who knows.

Chezza said:

I just want them to connect all the DLC Maps into a level and release it as free SP content :P

Sir yes sir! I mean that gothic cathedral with that mural is my wallpaper right now haha!

How about some single player content, id? I dunno, like a 4-5 hour DLC of some sort?

Glaice said:

How about some single player content, id? I dunno, like a 4-5 hour DLC of some sort?

Sig said:

Because this is what they were working on/where the resources were invested before launch. They can't just turn that around and shit out this magical SP/co-op shit people keep asking for. Ain't gonna happen.

Those maps should be modules in SnapMap. It might take up almost all of your resources but it would be cool to make your own MP game with your own rules.

That said, the player limit will need a increase.

MrSkeltal said:

Single player content takes a lot more time to make than multiplayer maps and doesn't have the same staying power.

I can't comment on if sp content takes longer than mp content or not, since I am not well educated on games development cycles, but that may be true since new sp content might need totally new assets like new monsters and bosses and so on and so forth.

ALso, id had started work on the mp packs before release even and mentioned they would be taking priority after release. So now they have to commit to it.

@glaice: id have all but confirmed, in the recent Q&A, that there will be no sp content from them in the near future and they are hoping snapmap will be enough. That could be bad news, unless they plan on giving us doom2 which in turn is amazing news!

Try some snapmaps or the new arcade mode man, they are fun and can increase sp longevity somewhat. I would love story extension too, that open ended content and cliffhanger ending tho ...

@MrSkeltal: What does ''doesn't have the same staying power'' mean? In terms of popularity, I think sp / snapmap took over mp here.

Of course it's for multiplayer. They wanna keep the kids happy so they can do their teabaggin' and mother-fucking.

So it seems like they've released the DLC ahead of time, probably as compensation for that season pass fiasco from the first DLC release.