Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Das Ist Millennium

His name is Chris "Dashiva" Laverdure and he has actually updated the Millennium pages. The discussion mainly deals with his new position in the team. There are quite a number of before/after screenies just to make people understand what the team means by revised levels (what are your jaws doing on the floor?). Last but not least, the final release date has been chosen... ahem...

Final release date of Millenium is before Doom 3?!?! Aaarrrrrggghhhhh!!!!

Cor blast! talk about drastic improvements!
and I thought the improvements to Plut2 were radical....
I don't know about you, but I'll tolerate delays if it means maps that look this superb.

Anyone entering those maps is going to blinded by all those lights. ;-)

c-cooper said:

'Revised by Erik Alm'

Yeah right! Try: Now with brand new, totally different areas by Erik Alm! :-)

Indeed. Except for one screenshot or two, the "revised" by Erik areas do not look like the originals at all (and that's good ;)

millennium@doomcenter.com

heh

Yeah, you renewed my faith in Doom Millenium!

Side note: Fredrik and Erik seems to have more in common than just their nationality.

Probable lack of a linux version.

But, indeed, even if a linux version was out and stable - it's still a bit silly to use a sourceport just for a single megawad.

Millenium's getting released BEFORE DOOM III? Well it's about frikin' time. As for the screenshots, one of those jaws on the floor is mine, so don't step on it. :)

Lament: Eternity was originally designed an independent engine. I see though why Millenium chose it for their use, since I made a map for them. It's as stable as BOOM/ZDOOM and has hi-res and mlook, plus some MBF and SMMU features along with the regular BOOM effects. I think it's the one Chris Lutz used for Caverns of Darkness.

Virgil said:

Lament: Eternity was originally designed an independent engine. I see though why Millenium chose it for their use, since I made a map for them. It's as stable as BOOM/ZDOOM and has hi-res and mlook, plus some MBF and SMMU features along with the regular BOOM effects. I think it's the one Chris Lutz used for Caverns of Darkness.

.. which is why I never played CoD.

But anyway, afaik millennium is not even using Eternity (which is close to having a stable linux version) but a customized version thereof. So still - a whole new source port only to play a single megawad.

I've been porting Eternity to Linux. It is fairly stable. Porting isnt very difficult as the Windows port uses SDL.

With Erik on the job my interest and confidence in this project has increased 10 fold, looks great.:)

lament said:
So still - a whole new source port only to play a single megawad. [/B]

Eh? It's not as if it's a new source port only to play a one level wad, it's for 32 levels. Probably more levels than have been made for Vavoom, Skulltag and JDoom combined, I might add.

lament said:

But, indeed, even if a linux version was out and stable - it's still a bit silly to use a sourceport just for a single megawad.

Bah. It's not like people aren't entitled to use a sourceport's new features.