Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

What freedoom still need? (WIP Thread)

Hi! it's me again protox, this new thread is supposed to show what freedoom still need (and aways updated), but not to be COMPLETE (since its is already done, i suppose) but be better in any means.

If you want to contribute but you dont know where or what, this thread is going to point few things, if you want you can try some, but remenber post your works in separated thread is possible i dont want it to became a complete mess of new datas since i'll try point everything there.

This theread is still a WIP so i'll try point what is already done to be placed in freedoom but its not, (Github>Freedoom>Pull Requests) speeding up the testing process and aproval/reject, and what is still neeeded.

Much talking... lets go to details. (Maybe only 1 or 2 issues per list only to show us the layout of i'm planning to be using)

<< Graphics || Sprites >>
Sprites is images loaded in game, like monsters, obstacles, ammo and weapons.
// -- Monsters

Spoiler

< Zombieman > | < Zombie >
Last edited by: Raymoohawk
Details: BoJustBo, pointed about his walking frames are very strange, if someone want it's still open to discussion/changes.

< Shotgun Guy > | < Shotgun Zombie >
Details: -Nome-

< Heavy Weapons Dude> | < Minigun Zombie >
Last edited by: ---
Details: Actually is a recolored version of the player sprites. Not sure if it should or shouldn't be replaced.

< Imp > | < Serpentide >
Details: Raymoohawk appear to be reworking in it again.

< Demon > | < Flesh Worm >

< Lost Soul > | < Deadflare >
Details: CWolf is working in a new "lost soul".

< Cacodemon > | < Orb Monster >
Details: Raymoohawk appear to be reworking in it again.

< Hell Knight > | < Pain Bringer >
Details: Raymoohawk appear to be working in it.

< Baron of Hell > | < Pain Lord >
Details: Made with some concept art long time ago. Currently, raymoohawk is working on a replacement for it, labelled the Nukeptyle.

< Arachnotron > | < Technospider >
Details: This spider can be still made into something cool.

< Pain Elemental > | < Deadflare Ball >
Details: Raymoohawk appear to be working in it.

< Revenant > | < Dark Soldier >
Details: This soldier is done but some more work on it can make it better.

< Mancubus > | < Combat Slug >
Details: Has various issues such as stray pixals, wrong lighting etc. A revised version was proposed by raymoohawk, but seems to be abandoned. A simple polishing is in progress by HorrorMovieGuy.

< Arch-Vile > | < Flame Bringer >
Details: This monsters sprites are placeholder and we still need better ones, some discussion about them happened around, but looks like it stoped again. (i'm not sure)

< Spider Mastermind > | < Large Technospider >
Details: This spider can be still made into something cool.

< Cyberdemon > | < Assault Tripod >

< SS Nazy > | < --- >
Details: This unit can be made into something very diferently too, its open to discussion.

<< Graphics || Textures >>
Textures are images loaded in walls and floor all of them are in Freedoom phase 2, but some of them are placeholders too.

< Pull Resquest #310 > | *fall patches
https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/pull//310

<More data soon here>

<< Maps >>
Every coop iwad of freedoom is going to be there whit the proper name, slot and status to avoid confusing, Freedm is handled in a other thread so its not going to appear here.
Spoiler

// -- Phase 1

< C1M1 > | Starport
The Deathmatch rocket launcher room has a place to fall into the nukage on one side. It is the diagonal angel closes to the slimefall room.
https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/issues/227

< C3M5 > | Unammed
This slot is free and needs a new map.

< C3M6 > | Igneous Intrusion
The first half of the map is good but after you encounter lots of "barons of hell" there is only a single medkit for the rest of the level. It makes it very hard and frustrating.
https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/issues/318

< C3M7 > | No Regrets
An issue with lift that should lead to room with yellow key not working properly.
https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/issues/280

// -- Phase 2

< MAP05 > | Waste Water Basin
Falling off the first secret of map behind the tree make you get stuck permanently.
https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/issues/328
PR : https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/pull/334

< MAP30 > | Jaws of Defeat
A glitch whit cube spawnmer happens when a Technospider or Combat Slug is placed at ledge.
https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/issues/314

<< Media || Sounds >>
Sounds used by general like shots, projectile, monters and menu.

< Pull Resquest #296 > | New player death sounds
https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/pull/296

<< Media || Music >>
I dont know if we still work in music someone give me a hand.

--- // End of topic.

Saying again i'm still in wip and remenber to open a topic so big take much effort and time and whit your help and colladoration i can finish it and speed up the processing of recoucers and fixes of datas not used because its not done, post down there your suggestions down there i'll read them all, sorry my bad english and everyday i'll try update it until i get out of the WIP state.

Note: Dont post random talk there is possible.

< Baron of Hell > | < Pain Lord >
Made with some concept art long time ago. Currently, raymoohawk is working on a replacement for it, labelled the Nukeptyle.

< Mancubus> | <Combat Slug>
Has various issues such as stray pixals, wrong lighting etc. A revised version was proposed by raymoohawk, but seems to be abandoned. A simple polishing is in progress by HorrorMovieGuy.

I'm surprised that those tnt patches I made aren't committed yet. Even if they are there's still several placeholders left...

DOGRIG
REDTNT2
SW1/2SKULL
FENCE4
YELLITE2 and 3
PSTON2

I'm working on the yellow lights, when I'm done with them I'll do the plutonia skull switch.

Sweet uhbooh! Maybe when your done, it can be added along with the two patches you. You know, all in one go.

< Heavy Weapons Dude> | <Minigun Zombie>
A recolored version of the player sprites. Not sure if it should or shouldn't be replaced.

uhbooh said:

I'm surprised that those tnt patches I made aren't committed yet. Even if they are there's still several placeholders left...

DOGRIG
REDTNT2
SW1/2SKULL
FENCE4
YELLITE2 and 3
PSTON2

I'm working on the yellow lights, when I'm done with them I'll do the plutonia skull switch.

do you know the link to these textures? so we can open a pull request and add them in list.

Yeah, only POISON and DISASTER patches. Its right there among the pull requests.

guys i'll take sometime for me so i'll stop doing anything for freedoom for a couple of days/weeks maybe i'll back soon, anyway i'll keep my both post updated if someone come whit stuffs, anyway i'll be mostly online in #freedoom if someone want contact, see us guys.

i'll get back to work now but not at full speed anyway i'll keep updating here, i added the remaining issues from mapping and improved the sector to decrease the mess of text.

It needs love like everything does.

If seriously I'm working on refreshed Dead Flare while I'm still here (until Nov.15 for sure). It seems ol' Blast-o totally forgot about it.