Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ununsnack

Scariest Doom monster?

999cop said:

You must be kidding! I figured out a strategy to beat Makron when I first encountered him. Quake 2's BFG is the weak compares to Doom's!

Not if you've not had any sleep in two days because you've been glued to your monitor at night and it's 5 AM and you don't have any caffiene accessible. :) I was pretty wasted when I fought him and I never played single-player Q2 since then.

uh no, i remember it was only about a month ago i got quake2 and i beat the boss within one day, not the whole game, of course not, i saved it, but i did beat the boss with one straight try, it was only 10 pm i was playing it and i didn't use any drugs to keep myself awake plus i was on my regular sleeping schedule that night, around 11pm during summer vacation ;)

The sectors with the lights randomly turning on and off. Quite scarry to walk around in aa level filled with them, turning a corner, and finding Michal Jackson standing there! Or was that a nightmare I had... oh well, I still say the sector with flashing lights. Damn ass creepy. :)

Little Faith said:

The cyberdemon. It is most scary when it is out if sight and you can only hear it's dreadful "kathunk! kathunk!".

That and the revenants

Coldfusio said:

That and the revenants

The revenants? Lol.

All you guys saying DOOM monsters aren't scary have never had a nightmare where you were chased through surreal environments by an archvile :P

Those guys are scarier in nightmares than they are in the game, that's for sure (and they're bad enough in the game, IMO, since they're so hard to get away from)

Archvile, and in second Revenant.

They're fast, powerful and you can't avoid them and when you get caught out in the open, you're fucked. If that doesn't scare you, nothing in a game will.

pritch said:

Archvile, and in second Revenant.

They're fast, powerful and you can't avoid them and when you get caught out in the open, you're fucked. If that doesn't scare you, nothing in a game will.

Yeah. Revenants can be scary if you're low on health and he's just around the corner >:)

999cop said:

piggies own you when it comes to nm

You mean demons? Sometimes their "growl-growl-growl-SNORT" sound can catch me off guard and make me jump.

When I was 11 I nearly fell out of my chair in horror when I encountered my first demon, and my first spectre encounter was equally as frightening.

The second most horrifying experience was hearing the Cyber Demon's roar before I had ever seen him, and then of course seeing him!

Anyone who says the Doom monsters aren't scary completely missed out on one of the game's most important elements, or is a complete liar...

I was never really scared of any of the doom baddies- I just got that great feeling from playing.

The scariest monsters ( 5 or 6 years ago! ) were probably the renevants, I just hated their homing missiles.

Well, the enemies that I wasn't scared of at all were those cute little nazibastards.

Over the passed few years the fleshy has to have scared me the most overall.

Either the Cyberdemon or the Arch-vile

the Cyberdemon as previously mentioned for its "katchunk katchunk" sound.

and the Arch-Vile for its ressurect and unlimited range.

I don't think Archie's range is unlimited - if u get as far away as 1024 (units), he tends to not blast u. Or am i imagining things?

There can be a hundred monsters between you and an Arch Vile, and he will still hit you without touching anything else. In other words, even if you can't see him, if he sees you, you're in trouble.

what kills me is when you come to an arch vile in a coop game and watch your buddies get bounced around by the blast. I never realized how far he threw you till I saw that. on another note, I was playing plutonia coop and an av threwme in to a pit where I got blasted by a cybie b4 landing. talk about double whammy.

You have nightmares about the doom monsters?! I mean, why are they nightmares? More than once ive dreamt about blasting my way in a doom environment with doom demons all around, and it's a very satisfactory dream every time. I've also had dreams about Aliens versus predator, that game rocks!

OneManArmy said:

You have nightmares about the doom monsters?! I mean, why are they nightmares? More than once ive dreamt about blasting my way in a doom environment with doom demons all around, and it's a very satisfactory dream every time. I've also had dreams about Aliens versus predator, that game rocks!

I've never had any dreams where I was blasting demons away in person, nor have I had any nightmares related to Doom :-(

Fredrik said:

Quake's enemies are well designed, but less scary than DOOM's enemies if you ask me.

Quake's fiend scared the hell out of me the first time I met one. Lost their touch pretty quickly, though.

As for scary in a very different way, did you ever see the demon replacement in vulgar.wad? ugh...

the Arch Vile...... Tricks and Traps .... that level is really a pain in the @$$, a BUNCH of imps and Demons and The Baron Of Hell ... ;)

I used to have nightmares where I'd be fighting a Cyber Demon in an empty department store....I could hear his steps coming closer to me...LOL

But other than that...the scariest doom monster is BY FAR the Commander Keen Dolls.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for get the name of it but its the skeleton with the missile launcher shoulders. I think they scare me because the missiles follow you. Can anybody tell me the name of it. Also the Cyber Demon and on quake I got scared once by TANK.

Heh, i don't remember EVER getting scared of a doom monster. Well, not until yesterday when i got scared by, you'll never guess...JOHN ROMERO'S HEAD! LOL!

by the way, those skeletons are revenants. A year ago i didn't remember that either. Don't know what it is that makes it so hard to remember.