Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MinerOfWorlds

Wads like doom 64?

Smooth Doom also lets you change the weapons, aside from the Plasma Rifle and BFG, to their improved Doom 64 skins without altering gameplay.

rileymartin said:

Smooth Doom also lets you change the weapons, aside from the Plasma Rifle and BFG, to their improved Doom 64 skins without altering gameplay.

I was using smooth doom but i was hoping to have all guns pickups and enemies and it does not have to be smooth animations

MinerOfWorlds said:

Thanks is there a way to fix the pistol?

What's wrong with it? It seems fine to me.

MinerOfWorlds said:

If you hold the fire button down it will wont the final fire animation

What? It works fine for me.

Nojang998 said:

for the doom 64 weapons thing i think this is it:
http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/doom-64-weapons-only-zdoomgzdoom
im not sure try it

This is cool, although I'm a bit disappointed that its not conpletely faithful like Doom 64 eg the SSG looks like a modified Doom 2 SSG, the shotgun having the classic Doom pumping animation etc.

Would love to see a 1:1 weapons mod someday.

@minerofworld, it works for me too. Not sure why its not working for you.

Voros said:

This is cool, although I'm a bit disappointed that its not conpletely faithful like Doom 64 eg the SSG looks like a modified Doom 2 SSG, the shotgun having the classic Doom pumping animation etc.

Would love to see a 1:1 weapons mod someday.

@minerofworld, it works for me too. Not sure why its not working for you.

I made it that way on purpose because the request for it wanted Cage's extra frames. Don't get me wrong, I love Doom 64's default weapon behavior but some weapons are greatly improved this way, namely the Plasma Rifle and Pistol, in my opinion of course.

Voros said:

works for me too. Not sure why its not working for you.

I guess i can use brutal doom 64

Nevander said:

I made it that way on purpose because the request for it wanted Cage's extra frames. Don't get me wrong, I love Doom 64's default weapon behavior but some weapons are greatly improved this way, namely the Plasma Rifle and Pistol, in my opinion of course.

I do want a faithful recreation of doom 64 weapons but the weapons are improved now

MinerOfWorlds said:

I do want a faithful recreation of doom 64 weapons but the weapons are improved now

The weapons in my next version have the extra frames and improvements but now retain the Doom 64 style recoil effects (purely visual). I hope to make a preview video (map + weapons) soon.

Nevander said:

The weapons in my next version have the extra frames and improvements but now retain the Doom 64 style recoil effects (purely visual). I hope to make a preview video (map + weapons) soon.

Awesome! i can't wait to see it.

Officer D said:

To give any mapset an ambience sort of like Doom 64 had, I'd recommend using :

http://i.imgur.com/Eu8wLEw.jpg

Thank's

Just changed the Unmaker to behave identical to Doom 64's. No more exhaust BS and it actually fires outwards if you hold the trigger. This makes sniping with it much easier now since you can single tap when you have all the upgrades and still hit something far off.

Nevander said:

Just changed the Unmaker to behave identical to Doom 64's. No more exhaust BS and it actually fires outwards if you hold the trigger. This makes sniping with it much easier now since you can single tap when you have all the upgrades and still hit something far off.

Now i just need to get a wad that has sniping.