Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

Unreleased Doom Marketing Promos

http://www.charlesbae.com/DOOM-Campaign-and-Key-Art-Concepts

Evidently, this is not just fan art, but legitimate work done by a professional studio for the marketing of Doom 2016. Apparently, Doomguy was still going to be just another space marine rather than the ancient demon-killer that we got (by the F-90 marking on his helmet from the E3 demo), not to mention that his armor looks different, not to mention the logo itself aligned closer with the Doom logo in the 2014 E3 teaser rather than the more stylized final version we got.
Also, the posters themselves, the supposed cover for its Game Informer cover story, and its box art all have more of a no-fucks-given approach to them.
Instead of the tagline "Fight Like Hell," we would've gotten "Hell's Got No Chance in Hell."

Personally, I think the promo posters we did get are completely fine, as I personally think that these posters look too busy and saturated in red and orange (and people complained about the final box art). Not to mention that it would've made it look like they were trying too hard to make the game look "cool" and "edgy," rather than the "simply badass" look that the game ultimately has. In layman's terms, these promos just seem like they were trying to appeal to teenagers. I don't really know why I've gotten such a vibe from this art work, it's just a gut feeling. However, it is interesting to note where the "screaming Revenant" pose came from.

Nice. I still wish they'd stuck with the Revenant for the cover art, but whatever.

Hey, some of these are pretty cool!

1- wow. Looks a bit strange though.
2- cool. We've all seen this before.
3- that's pretty cool. Looks like Doomslayer was supposed to be the Doomguy we all love. But what's that symbol?
4- meh. But damn, how is he holding it like that? Is he supposed to fight hell with a completely broken visor?
5- feels too generic.
6- lol thats a bit cheesy
7- now THAT is awesome. It's like a sweet homage to the franchise.
8- cool, I guess. Hard to make out what's exactly happening though.
9- looks like a movie trailer.
10- meh
11- painsaw? Lol
12- ok this might have served as a good billboard.
13- ^also with this one
14- who is that guy in the picture? Doesn't look like Doomguy/Doomslayer.
15- ...its trying too hard to be awesome.
16- Final Doom, is that you? Srsly, the colouring feels unsuitable for Doom. Maybe a Hexen game would fit it better.
17- ok i like this.

Voros said:

5- feels too generic.
17- ok i like this.
8- cool, I guess. Hard to make out what's exactly happening though.
15- ...its trying too hard to be awesome.

What? These are the same exact images.

@StevieCybernetik, Ya I noticed that as well, I thought it was cool. The writing on doomguys armor and fingers looks really tacky, but with some polish I like the idea. I think the line "HELL HAS NO CHANCE..... IN HELL!!!" is quite funny personally. I think "Fight like Hell" is fine I suppose, it doesn't really matter to me though.

^ Reminds me too much of the 2005 movie, to be frank.

I do like the "Born Again" one with the helmet impaled on a spire. Nice throwback.

Sig said:

This I like

Me too. Kind of indifferent about all the other ones...

Quasar said:

Bethesda at it again I guess.

Why would they try to stop stuff at this point?
Either way, id themselves have recently talked about efforts to show off more early stuff.

GoatLord said:

Why am I being asked to enter a password for the link?

Quasar's post probably summed it up. I guess this is a situation where we can't have our cake AND ice cream at once. :\

GoatLord said:

Why am I being asked to enter a password for the link?

They are probably too embarrased by them.