Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

scifista42 said:

Pretty cool! Why are you mapping for Doom 1 now?

Because I always get excited about new project ideas and immediately drop everything else to pursue said ideas, regretfully. Poor Baculus has been sitting in limbo for months now (it only needs one more map too).

On a side note, the layout to my Bloody Rust map is complete, happy days!

Spoiler

Someone suggest me a new image hosting site just so I can upload the screenshots. Flickr doesn't allow resizing or anything and imgur is being a piece of shit.

Okay, thanks. I should bookmark it too real quick.

Anyways, here are the promised screenshots:

I dunno what's going on with the weapon here. Kinda funny though.

Mods: Scythe II, Project Brutality

It bothers me they didn't take the chance and make this thing a secret or anything.

Mods: D4D, Maps of Chaos

And then this happened finally.

Mods: Same as above here

Sgt Ender said:

I dunno what's going on with the weapon here. Kinda funny though.
https://s19.postimg.org/uhnwjcx4z/Screenshot_Doom_20161009_185601.png
Mods: Scythe II, Project Brutality

I wonder as well. It looks like a palette screw-up but not in the same way as such screw-ups usually look like. And what's up with the dynamic light emanating from the weapon?

God damn it, the images disappeared again. I decided to use postimg but it did that shit again. Why does life hate me like this?

EDIT: they're back

Sgt Ender said:

God damn it, the images disappeared again. I decided to use postimg but it did that shit again. Why does life hate me like this?

EDIT: they're back

Ah the age old question of "why is life ....?" I prefer to word it "why is life stupid," so I can promtly answer myself with the one true answer, "because you're stupid, Fonze."

To the point, maybe life doesn't hate you; maybe you're just, for lack of a better, nicer word: young. And dumb.

Fonze said:

Ah the age old question of "why is life ....?" I prefer to word it "why is life stupid," so I can promtly answer myself with the one true answer, "because you're stupid, Fonze."

To the point, maybe life doesn't hate you; maybe you're just, for lack of a better, nicer word: young. And dumb.

I'm using imgsafe now and the images aren't disappearing and reappearing.

scifista42 said:

what's up with the dynamic light emanating from the weapon?

It's the Bloom effect added to recent GZDoom, I love using it myself in combination with a full set of brightmaps, the GL lights that comes with GZDoom, and GL defs for glowing flats to cast light on surrounding walls PSX/Doom 64 style. It's the little things in life.

@Cyanosis, could you link me to the resources you're using? I'd love to give it a go with these effects. Thanks! :)

Fonze said:

I really dig your style antares

Thanks, I'm glad you like those levels. :)