Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Five-and-a-half goddamn hours of PSX Doom music

I've always loved the Hodges Doom theme, but this particular arrangement has so much grandeur and fury to it. I almost wish Doom 4 had covered it in some capacity.

I absolutely adore Aubrey Hodges dark ambient tracks for PSX Doom/Final and Doom 64. They really match the darker visual themes and atmosphere of these particular console versions. His dark ambient has been in my music library for many years and will continue to do so. His 20th Anniversary soundtrack is top notch, amazing stuff all around. My #1 favorite track is Sanity's Edge (Toxin Refinery).

Listening to all of Aubrey Hodges work, he really is a talented composer capable of producing many different kinds of music. I wonder what his current projects are?

I sometimes put the PS1 soundtrack on when I go to sleep. I find some of the tracks oddly relaxing and soothing.

Always LOVED the way this piece opens, so dark, majestic, epic and exciting to listen to! Combined with the second track it gives an image of a foretold and ancient evil that's revealing itself as well as the consequences that come with it.

Ah yeah, these versions are amazing. First time I listened and it was so cool to hear such familiar pieces suddenly take a different direction halfway through, twisting them into a mysterious unknown...And that rearrangement of the opening theme is glorious.

I don't think I've listened to it in full yet, furthest I got in a single listen was Deimos Anomaly's theme.

I like to poke around randomly. It's great mood music. It sounds so much fuller and more complete than before. I hope a version like this is made next year for Doom 64's 20th anniversary.

I remember hearing those strange sound effects for the first time in the track titled Corrupted (Deimos Lab), it really startled me I thought there was actually something behind me. It's sounds like rattling bones, needless to say I glanced over my shoulder expecting something to attack me lol.

Guest Unregistered account

Someone should make a .PK3 file with all of these tracks so people can play with them in-game!

Quite a find. I grew up with PSX Doom, PSX Final, and Doom 64, and Hodges' soundtrack was what made it special to me. I even ripped the samples from the PSX Doom disc if I ever had an itch to mess around with them. Apparently, Mark Snow used some identical samples with his X-Files scores, most notably samples used in "Hell's Churn" are also heard throughout the X-Files episode "Wet-Wired." The synth used must have been quite popular to use back then.

PSX and N64 Doom Still have the best Video Game Ambient Soundtracks out there, unless you count the Silent Hill 1 and 2 soundtracks as ambient too then they'd follow close behind.