Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Killing Adventure 2?!

Hah, I'm inclined to believe Ruba = Erik Alm. What are the chances of coincidental hiatus?

I used to think that Ruba is TimeOfDeath because TOD sometimes recorded on his maps and I felt like TOD could totally make silly slaughtery maps like this. Also because both often used cool midis from vgmusic.com.

My more recent theory is that Ruba is Paul Corfiatis. Maybe some people don't know/remember, but Paul used to be known as an endless source of trashy jokewads. He literally made megawads of that stuff. Then he promised to stop but perhaps he couldn't. And the copy-paste style of Killing Adventure always makes me think of Whispers of Satan a bit, which is also known for frequent repetitions. Also just look at Map34 of Whispers of Satan. I can't help but see Ruba in there. Paul also referenced Mario in some of his works IIRC.

It also could be some totally unknown dude that doesn't actually use aliases. Who the hell knows... This is one of the mysteries I would like to see solved before I die.

That's unlikely, because all pcorf's jokewads are boring. Also, his serious maps are boring too.

Should I feel bad about thinking this actually plays and looks pretty good? Nothing awe-inspiring, but other than the occasional random monster usage and silly level design, there's nothing bad here.

Memfis said:

My more recent theory is that Ruba is Paul Corfiatis. Maybe some people don't know/remember, but Paul used to be known as an endless source of trashy jokewads.

Paul stopped making that stuff in 2006-ish, Ruba started in 2003. This going by the Wiki. Dunno.