Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xfing

What's the point of Double Trouble?

Instead of firing both rounds at once, it fires them in succession, and that's it. How is that an improvement?

And yeah, it uses up 1 shell per shot, not 2, so it's not two full shots in a row, but two single shots actually.

yeah, it is actually two full-power shots in a row, not one barrel's worth of strength per shot. have you been confusing DT's function with that of the D4D mod?

Uh, works great for me. I go out of my way to get it on vanilla. Of course, good an available on aracde

Because it's amazing? If it costed less ammo I'd Never run out. the second full powered shot makes it so you can output a large close range of burst damage to finish off enemies, kill 2 trash enemies quickly in concession, or stagger a mid-tier enemy. Design wise I think it's the best option, because if both shots counted as one shell it would be broken as hell when it comes to damage vs ammo availability, if both shots fired at once it would be even more op to mid-tier and up enemies but we would loss Utility for trash.

So it's two full-power shots, huh... It should eat twice as much ammo then! Though I have no idea if it's possible to load two series of pellets into a break-action shotgun. This is probably the most unrealistic, immersion-breaking mods in the whole game, lol

oh no, never mind all of the giant laser guns that we're firing at demons on mars, The double barrel shotgun that fires twice is what breaks immersion for us. Meh laser pistol goes pew pew...

MrGlide said:

oh no, never mind all of the giant laser guns that we're firing at demons on mars, The double barrel shotgun that fires twice is what breaks immersion for us. Meh laser pistol goes pew pew...

The impossible is harder to believe than the implausible. Also, those weapons don't break any visible laws they set for themselves. Well, maybe except the barrels of the mobile turret stopping overheating just like that :O

I just thought it was kinda funny how you went from "what's the point of double trouble" Talking as if the mod was pointless from a gameplay point of veiw to "it breaks immersion". Out of all the things this is what you're choosing to complain about? Get around the bush and tell me how you think it oughta be.

MrGlide said:

I just thought it was kinda funny how you went from "what's the point of double trouble" Talking as if the mod was pointless from a gameplay point of veiw to "it breaks immersion". Out of all the things this is what you're choosing to complain about? Get around the bush and tell me how you think it oughta be.

Well, firing the double barrelled shotgun one barrel at a time is pretty much impossible, that's what it is.

Xfing said:

Well, firing the double barrelled shotgun one barrel at a time is pretty much impossible, that's what it is.

See dual Trigger shotguns.

Xfing said:

Oh, right. But how can you do it with a single trigger?

Most modern double barrel shotguns have a single trigger. When the trigger is pulled the first time it fires the right barrel, and then the trigger is relaxed slightly and pulled again to fire the left barrel. No double barrel to my knowledge has ever fired both barrels with one trigger pull. If you have a dual trigger you have to pull both triggers at the same time to fire both barrels. If you have a single trigger you have to pull the trigger, release the trigger, pull the trigger again to fire the second barrel.

So yes, it does break immersion a bit when you get double tap, but I just pretend he's using double-double aught buckshot and firing one barrel at a time, and each shell has twice the amount of shot in it now.

I'm not sure how many people on here have tried firing both barrels of a side by side shotgun at the same time, but it's not for the faint of heart. I have a 10 gauge side by side, dual trigger, and firing both barrels at the same time (I have to use my index and middle finger to pull the triggers, as the forward trigger fires the right barrel, the rear trigger fires the left barrel) using magnum turkey loads knocks me off my center of balance. It literally lifts my forward leg a foot off the ground and rocks my shoulders back a foot. I'm not averse to recoil by any means, but both barrels of a 10 GA is something to behold; it sounds like the apocalypse.

I've never shot 10GA before, I can only imagine. I always think its funny how a shot gun seems louder to those 5 feet away then the person firing it.

Jello said:

I'm not averse to recoil by any means, but both barrels of a 10 GA is something to behold; it sounds like the apocalypse.

And that is why a double-barreled shotgun is exactly what you need in a middle of a demonic invasion ("IN PROGRESS" :D ): to deliver the counter-apocalypse to the apocalypse!