Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Should I get a PS4 or Xbox One for Doom 4?

Since I might not end up getting a new PC to use for that, I figured I'd get a console to play it on if I do end up getting the game. But the question is, which one? I'm leaning more towards PS4 if you ask me. But I need your thoughts.

I play DOOM on my ps4 so my answer might be a little biased. The PS4 does have slightly better hardware than the Xbone which translates to better performance overall in game. PS4 manages to hit 60fps almost constantly at full 1080p resolution while the Xbone resolution dips below 1080p during heavier combat sequences. The frames also take a bit more of a dive on the Xbone. DigitalFoundry compared the two consoles running DOOM in their performance test here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhhsmcoYybc

PS4 has also sold considerably more units than the Xbox which perhaps means a larger player base if you decide to dive into the multiplayer. Again not sure if this is indeed true but it's just my two cents.

Sgt Ender said:

Since I might not end up getting a new PC to use for that, I figured I'd get a console to play it on if I do end up getting the game. But the question is, which one? I'm leaning more towards PS4 if you ask me. But I need your thoughts.

PS4 is probably better, but if you like PC gaming (and have a large library of PC games), you can get a gaming-capable PC for very cheaply these days.

If you are going to buy a console just for Doom, you should also look at what exclusives interest you; the game is still really good regardless of which console you play it on, so look at what other games are available, and if you have friends that have either console.

I decided to give the PC build idea a try again.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vBybkT
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vBybkT/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor ($105.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($56.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.56 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.33 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card ($99.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($43.98 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($98.99 @ My Choice Software)
Total: $564.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-05 12:13 EDT-0400

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Heard Multiplayer on Console ports is dead .

Doesn't shock me. I did not spent much time with the MP on PC either. It's fun but nothing amazing.