Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Have you ever played...

Have you ever played Memento Mori II?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever played Memento Mori II?

• Yes
    • No

This is a poll to see how many people in this community have played an "old school" WAD that is considered one of the Big Megawads ever made for Doom 2.

Sort of a way of determining how many people haven't played the old stuff that was once considered a must-play for any respectable Doomer back in, say, 1997.

The following are the reasons why I haven't tried them.
1) I didn't have an internet connection back when both were new.
2) Call me stupid, but I can't find a link on this site to a place where I can d/l it - and I don't feel like spending hours searching on the net for a +3 year old megawad when I have work to do (I already tried searching for "Memento Mori" and it came up with loads of entries that had absolutely nothing with a game to do).

So, if anyone has a working link to it, I'll happily d/l away, otherwise I don't care.

I guess I ain't a true doomer after all...

Hell, yes! I've been playing "old school" wads ever since I learned how to use the magic words "doom -file <wad name>.wad" way back in 1994. Played MM, MM2, Requiem, you name it.

dsm: The MM and MM2 files can all be found in ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/themes/mm/
No, I don't understand why it's in "themes" either...

I believe I have played all the serious Doom2 megawads (with the exception of TVR!.WAD, which is on the "to do" list). I didn't play all of them at the time they came out though - in some cases I got stuck early on and gave up (yeah, I sucked back then). A couple of years ago, I rounded up all the megawads I hadn't played or completed, and did them all, one after the other.

Yeah, I've played pretty much all of the big Doom2 megawads, except for Alien Vendetta. MM2 is pretty good, IMO.

Yeah. As a matter of fact I've been playing around with it lately, to see if I can send a compet-n record for a couple of mm2 levels. Not that easy though.

Incidentially, I think it was compet-n that brought it to my attention. I have internet since mid 1999 only, and before that all I had was a couple of WAD CDs... no megawads there. At first, looking through the thousands of WADs out there (at idgames, etc.) was pretty chaotic; now it's starting to make a bit more sense.

So many great maps... very solid megawad. Just like Requiem, these were maps that are of today's quality.
peace unto you, brother!

There's very few wads I haven't played, and that includes thousands of regular pwads as well as big pwads, megawads and TCs.

MM2 is of course a classic but yes, MM was a little better imo. I still say a great megawad owns an ok TC any day as well. Most TCs implementation looks and sounds lame compared to Doom's original material. But kudos to those who try.

Played it just a couple months ago when it was mentioned here at the forums. I have the first Mori, but haven't got around to play it yet

pritch said:

I still say a great megawad owns an ok TC any day as well. Most TCs implementation looks and sounds lame compared to Doom's original material. But kudos to those who try.

I share that sentiment.

I've been meaning to download it for some time, but I keep getting sidetracked with various other wads (2002ado, Nimrod, DSV4) which had just come out at the time. Plus my own project, and the Community Chest...

But I'm gonna make sure I play it before too much longer, though.
(along with the other older megawads that I didn't know about until a few months ago)

Yup, good'ol MM2 gave me alot of ideas for design just yesterday, when I decided to download it for the first time in about 4 years; brings back memories too.

Hell yeah. Momento Mori 2 is a must play for those who haven't played it yet. Maps 3, 5, 9, 26, and 31 are just examples of some of its great maps along with some great music.

Yes I've played it. But like most wads and megawads, not extensively. I basically only play the original levels, over and over. It's more like Doom to me that way.

And I have to be hyped up and in the mood to play thru a megawad. I think the only one I played through and still love over and over is Alien Vandetta. Sure, I love Momento Mori 1 and 2, but I just never played them that much, yet.

memeto mori , and a couple of other classics, I downloaded and began to dabble with. then my comp died. it took so long get a new comp that I forgot about them. I really can't say I remeber much of what I played. maybe its time I downloaded them again.

I've played parts of MM2 single player, and the whole way through on COOP.

I've been Dooming since the game came out, and I played wads on PCGamer cover CDs (heh those were the days), but I didn't get all the really good stuff until I finally got an internet connection in 1999.

So, I am a 'veteran' doomer (or whatever you'd call it), but I'm a relative newbie in the Doom community...