Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnnyTheWolf

Tom Hall's Doom?

Did Tom Hall ever get to make a mod for Doom in order to bring it closer to his original vision or at the very least new maps, like John Romero recently did?

Nope, though there are some people within the Doom community trying to make mods based on the Doom Bible. Would be awesome if Tom Hall himself designed some maps, though, even if they won't have all the elements he wanted to bring in the game.

Someone should make a Strife mod, bringing Doom weapons and enemies into a hub with a main city, hub design etc. With NPCs, a story, shops, upgrades ... and a couple of choices near the ending.

T-Rex said:

Nope, though there are some people within the Doom community trying to make mods based on the Doom Bible.

Unfortunately there's no way to overcome the Doom Bible curse unless a group of skilled and knowledgeable mappers who actually know what they're doing are willing to get together and put the effort in.

I've been getting back into the mode of doing conceptual maps for such a project but it's been moreso for my own amusement than actually taking it anywhere, I've stopped being so naive and overambitious.

The Doom Bible is a huge curse among the modding community. People try to recreate Tom's vision despite it being about as clear as a cup of coffee that's been sitting out for a couple weeks. The DB has ideas, and that's all it's good for. It also was highly unfavored by id for a reason.