Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
erni94

Help Update Doomsday Engine Doom 64 TC

Hello everyone, I have a request to all or could someone explain to me, or show how to upgrade the Doomsday Engine Doom 64 TC? I tried many times to swap files but none of my methods will not work if someone help me?

I've played Doom 64 EX and now I wanted to go for comparison Doom 64 TC can do something about it?

erni94 said:

I've played Doom 64 EX and now I wanted to go for comparison Doom 64 TC can do something about it?

Doom64 TC was the first version and discontinue mod. The author after doing tc when to make a Doom64 EX for more correcting settings the 64 was maded for. So there will be no more update for Doom64 TC. If i remember correct Doom64 TC and Doom64 EX is maded by the same author

erni94 said:

Hello everyone, I have a request to all or could someone explain to me, or show how to upgrade the Doomsday Engine Doom 64 TC? I tried many times to swap files but none of my methods will not work if someone help me?

That's not very specific.
"Upgrade" Doom 64 TC? Is there such a thing?
"Swap files", what files, where did you swap them, why did you do/try it?

Tbh, Doom 64 TC and Doom 64 EX are two seperate ports. TC requires Doom 2 IWAD and a doom 64 music WAD to run. EX only requires the Doom 64 IWAD and soundfont from the ROM. They are both different engines with different specifications. You can't use the Doom 64 IWAD in TC or the Doom 64 WADs of TC, to run on EX.

The DoomWiki says: Doom 64 TC has since been superseded by Doom64 EX

Voros said:

That's not very specific.
"Upgrade" Doom 64 TC? Is there such a thing?
"Swap files", what files, where did you swap them, why did you do/try it?

Tbh, Doom 64 TC and Doom 64 EX are two seperate ports. TC requires Doom 2 IWAD and a doom 64 music WAD to run. EX only requires the Doom 64 IWAD and soundfont from the ROM. They are both different engines with different specifications. You can't use the Doom 64 IWAD in TC or the Doom 64 WADs of TC, to run on EX.

The DoomWiki says: Doom 64 TC has since been superseded by Doom64 EX

I wanted to replace files doomsday engine so as to update it to the latest version and wanted to do it because it encouraged me to play additional options such as a few new levels, monsters, etc.