Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

user Malinku was murdered

At a loss for words. Malinku had a knack for using a minimal selection of textures to construct captivating pieces of architecture in his maps. After seeing his photography for the first time today, it really dawned on me how he had an eye for subtle beauty.

Better to remember him for who he was than the tragic way he was taken.

RIP Malinku

I worked with him on a Hadephobia map. It seemed he had a sort of effortlessly knack to mapping and I remember being surprised afterwards that he wasn't more prolific. Seems he had a few creative interests, which explains it. RIP - what a sorry piece of news.

THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT DID THIS DESERVES TO DIE. 25 years old? That bitch has no right on killing anybody, especially for someone so young.

RIP Malinku

wow. You sometimes forget the people on the forums are human. When something like this happens, it feels disturbing.

It's a tragedy and I hope his family can cope.

Holy shit. It had been a long time since I had seen Malinku, I had heard he moved on to photography but I can't believe what just happened to him. My condolences to his family and friends. What a horrible way to start the day.

I didn't have any/many encounters with Malinku on here, but it doesn't change the fact that this news is horrifying and saddening.

Rest in peace Andrew, My thoughts are with your family and friends - May the bastard who did this be found.

Malinku was an awesome mapper -- somewhat of a perfectionist. He seemed to post screenshots often but rarely released maps. Its a shame he has few well-known projects to his name he deserves more credit than hes known for.

I think we should use this as a reminder to tell others how much we appreciate each others work. Because now is certainly not the best time to be recognizing it considering how long hes been involved with the community.

Whenever a player or mapper or community member goes, its a pretty terrible loss. To some degree he was directly responsible for the fun we have with this game we play over and over for many years, just as the rest of us are. This is a hard blow for me but ill bet its only a fraction of what his family is dealing with. Poor folks must be so heartbroken right now. Its hard to believe good people still get murdered.

He worked with us on ZDCMP2. He made textures and collaborated on the courtyard area.

RIP

I was aware of Malinku as I believe he still posted regularly when I first showed up. Regrettably I'm not familiar with his mapping work, other than he worked on ZDCMP2. May he rest in peace, and condolences to his friends and family.

Gez: isn't it one of his old avatars hidden away in a secret there? If so, that just became pretty poignant :(

Heartbreaking :(

I remember playing one of his maps way back and was impressed with his unique minimalist style and layout, it was like nothing I've ever played since and before and it was pulled off flawlessly.. he always seemed like a down to earth and humble dude, can't think of a more undeserving person for this to happen, this is really sad.

rip

Never heard from him, but that is sad if people killed by murderer. That is my first time read about death user on forum... :(

Probably it was brigandry.

Voros said:

THE MOTHERFUCKER THAT DID THIS DESERVES TO DIE.

Killing him isn't going to bring Malinku back. But I can definitely assure you the killer's not going to heaven when he dies.

Eris Falling said:

Gez: isn't it one of his old avatars hidden away in a secret there? If so, that just became pretty poignant :(

Yes, the lost soul fish in the automap secret.

What a shame, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. From a quick read of the posts here, just in our small community he touched many lives in a positive way; likely this was the way he lived outside of the Doom community as well. Truly the world is blessed to have had people such as Andrew that make positive impacts on those around them.

Rest easy, 'til we meet in the end.

Damn, I hope justice is made, for the sake of his family and anyone else who may be in the sights of the culprit, may he rest in peace.

This is never fun to hear happen here.

Malinku mini-tribute project anyone?

A fellow Doomworld member? Jesus...

Rest in peace.

St Paul Minnesota is a horrible place to live in. I got the news when I got on teamspeak and it took a little memory association to fully remember who this is. I'm shock and a little sadden that Malinku is dead. I wasn't a friend with him but I have fought against him in scrimmage and in our clanwar and give my condolences.