Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jaska

Copy properties problem

About three weeks ago this problem appeared.. When I try to copy properties from linedef by ctrl+shift+c and paste it by ctrl+alt+v to another linedef the properties are pasted but the textures are not. Very annoying. I have to copy+paste textures on visual mode. I couldn't register to gzdoom forums to ask this there.. I'm using the newest version of the gzdoombuilder (2.3.0.2741).

Wrong.
Defaults are Ctrl-Alt-V for "Paste properties", Ctrl-Shift-V for "Paste properties special".

MaxED said:

Works fine on my side. Which game configuration are you using?

It's Boom, doom2 format.

Well, I also have the latest version of GZDB, and I'm not aware I've ever changed these keyboard shortcuts, but according to the Edit menu, the keyboard shortcut for "paste properties" is Ctrl+Shift+V and there is no shortcut for "paste special properties" at all. I don't know how this is possible, but the OP could at least check his Edit or Keyboard Shortcuts Reference menus to see if his shortcut for "paste properties" is really what he thought it was.

EDIT: OK, I can confirm that in Boom format, "paste properties" actually doesn't copy textures.

scifista42 said:

Well, I also have the latest version of GZDB, and I'm not aware I've ever changed these keyboard shortcuts, but according to the Edit menu, the keyboard shortcut for "paste properties" is Ctrl+Shift+V and there is no shortcut for "paste special properties" at all. I don't know how this is possible, but the OP could at least check his Edit or Keyboard Shortcuts Reference menus to see if his shortcut for "paste properties" is really what he thought it was.

On my gzdoombuilder I have in edit menu:
Copy properties ctrl+shift+c
Paste properties ctrl+alt+v
Paste properties special ctrl+shift+v (which doesn't work either)

Sounds weird.

These worked something like 3 weeks ago. (At least Paste properties ctrl+alt+v)

Jaska said:

It's Boom, doom2 format.

Fixed.

scifista42 said:

Well, I also have the latest version of GZDB, and I'm not aware I've ever changed these keyboard shortcuts, but according to the Edit menu, the keyboard shortcut for "paste properties" is Ctrl+Shift+V and there is no shortcut for "paste special properties" at all.

That's because keyboard shortcuts stored in the program configuration aren't updated when default keyboard shortcuts are updated.

^ Is there any way how I could ensure that the couple of shortcuts that I really intentionally changed will stay the way I changed them, whereas the rest of shortcuts will always match GZDoom Builder's current defaults?