Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

First shots of the sneaky map C2M1 (kinda "Metal Gear Solid"-like)!

Be careful and stay in the darkness to avoid enemy contact while trying to escape the Gestapo prison on Norway

Finally outside, but this doesn't rescue yet - it's only the proof that you are somewhere in Scandinavia

Watch-towers with machineguns everywhere, make sure to stay out of the light.

Awesome. I've tried the demo awhile ago and that made a very good impression. I've been checking for updates often and it's looking really good.

The better question is: When does Tormentor667 make anything good playing?

Latest work of the U-Boat Bunker in WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony, a map by DoomJuan and Tormentor667

Wow, these visuals are going to be in danger of putting the sprites to shame

IMO, they are already doing just that. These are amazing pictures, but those guards just look weird. The lower resolution of the sprites just doesn't match the rest of the scene.

I love the way this looks. The enemies look "gamey", in a good way though :D

I've just now seen this and from the look of the screenshots i'm excited to try it out.

Eris Falling said:

IMO, they are already doing just that. These are amazing pictures, but those guards just look weird. The lower resolution of the sprites just doesn't match the rest of the scene.

That's why you gotta kill them! To punish them for making the scene less pretty!

Awesome stuff Tormentor. I wonder when will you release Friendly Territory expansion? :D

I would like to make something to help you. Like maybe a texture? I am honing my skills at Paint.NET.

While that, my other post, that used to be my request for a texture in WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony (but I found a 4K version of it) wasn't deleted...

Beta-testing of Chapter 1
Dear WolfenDoom fans, we are currently preparing the first official release WolfenDoom - Blade of Agony Chapter 1 "The Staff of Kings" and we are looking for some beta testers to play this first chapter (6 maps) thoroughly, check for bugs, issues and give us some hints what could be improved, what needs to be fixed and what doesn't seem consistent or reasonable to you. Are you interested in helping us out?

This is what we need from you:

• Playing the game from a player's perspective AND from a modders perspective
    Means you should play it just as you do with other games but also play it and look for possible glitches based on your knowledge as a modder/mapper (e.g. misalignments, non-blocking lines, places for exploits, etc - trying to break the game)
  • If possible, provide a fix or suggestion for things that you found (odd)
    You don't have to post code or a fixed map but give us an idea what you would think is a suitable solution.
  • Provide screenshots with map positions and a detailed information of bugs and issues
    "The door near the exit is buggy" is a pretty underdetailed explanation, so screenshots and a good testing documentation is very important.
  • Play it on different skill settings
    No need to play all 5 of them but choose 2 that you would consider as your fitting skill level to try the mod.
  • Bonus: If you are interested in doing a audio-commented "Let's Play" of the first chapter, we would be very happy, as it is a perfect base for analyzing a player's behaviour and thoughts.
So if you are interested, please send me a pm @zdoom.org (!) with the subject "Blade of Agony - Beta Test" and give me some details about you, your modding and playing experience and I will instantly reply (if it fits well) with the link to the beta version of WolfenDoom Chapter 1 (which is different from the GitHub SVN).

Thanks for your interest and support,
best regards,
Dan

Did anyone nazi that comin'? Torm is hyping BoA :P

For people who don't want to spoil themselves and rather wait for the playable version...

Spoiler

Despite that GZDoom is already an engine with tremendous powers, I have to admit that adding the new interactive portals is one of the greatest features ever since slopes and 3dfloors for me. It gives me the possibility to finally build maps vertically without almost any limits - and that's what I did while developing the flak tower from the shots. Thanks to the developers for adding these, really!

More sexy shots, Torm; if I had a bit more time I'd love to playtest this for you. This looks not only awesome, but better with each shot I see and word I read. I really look forward to more progress on this!

Just wanna say that I'm currently playing the demo and I'm absolutely in LOVE with this project! Been spreading the word about this to some buddies and they love it as well. Keep it coming man. I might actually be more excited about this than any other game on the horizon to be totally honest. Thanks for making this amazing mod/ game!

"You are B.J. Blazkowicz, the greatest spy and biggest risk-taker the Allied forces have ever known. Take on the might and fury of the Third Reich as you blast your way to victory!"

After a development time of exactly 21 months, we are proud to finally announce the release of the first chapter of Blade of Agony titled "The Staff of Kings" - just a day before the announced release date, we have a faible for surprises. With a total of 7 maps, orchestrated music, combined low-poly models and pixelated 90's style beauty, armament from the battlefields of WWII, interactive NPCs and many more amazing features never seen in a Doom mod before, this is one of the largest releases the community has ever seen - at least in terms of digital size and scale, and it definitely is the largest-scale project that I have ever worked on in my life. Join historical battles, relieve the action from the Second World War from a new perspective and battle the diabolical Adolf Hitler, who is twisting science and the occult in his pathological mission to conquer the world. The fate of all free peoples hangs in the balance - failure is not an option. Get the first chapter of Blade of Agony now from the official page and make sure to read the info pages while it's loading to not get lost too easily.

[size=150]Get Psyched![/size]
http://boa.realm667.com/

Really good advertising, I must say. Love the official site design. Can't wait to give this a go. Played the demo a while back and loved the Mohaa feel it gave me.