Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimCuttle

Teleport to Line teleporting me to middle of line?

I'm trying to make a map utilizing the Teleport_Line function, activating by walking over the origin line. For some reason, no matter my position on the origin line, I am put in the middle of the target line. This makes very strange and juttery teleports when I want it to look somewhat seamless.
How do I go about doing this?

CrimCuttle said:

I'm trying to make a map utilizing the Teleport_Line function, activating by walking over the origin line. For some reason, no matter my position on the origin line, I am put in the middle of the target line. This makes very strange and juttery teleports when I want it to look somewhat seamless.
How do I go about doing this?

You can make more lines on the teleporting line and the place you teleport to.

MinerOfWorlds said:

You can make more lines on the teleporting line and the place you teleport to.

Is this really the only solution?
I'd rather not spend most of my time editing and tagging thousands of subdivisions...

Not sure how much this actually matters or not, but make sure the origin line and target line have equal length and similar angle (identical after rotation-by-a-multiple-of-90-degrees).

scifista42 said:

Not sure how much this actually matters or not, but make sure the origin line and target line have equal length and similar angle (identical after rotation-by-a-multiple-of-90-degrees).

Most things don't need this so i don't think it matters.

scifista42 said:

I did that, still teleports to center of line.

If you only want the player or monsters be teleported, Teleport_Line should work OK. Portals just have the additional abilities to 1) display what's on the portal's other side, 2) teleport anything (including projectiles etc), and 3) resolve collisions between things partly on one side and partly on the other side.

This is a textbook case of 'post a demo map'. People are taking wild guesses without any chance to investigate what may be wrong with your setup.

I've tested the map in ZDoom (2.9pre) and Zandronum (2.1.2) and neither of the origin lines in the map teleported me to the middle of its target line. Which port and version are you using?

scifista42 said:

I've tested the map in ZDoom (2.9pre) and Zandronum (2.1.2) and neither of the origin lines in the map teleported me to the middle of its target line. Which port and version are you using?

I'm using GZDoom, not sure what version, one of the more recent one.

CrimCuttle said:

not sure what version,

The version code/number is in the title bar of the startup log window AND the iwad selection window.

CrimCuttle said:

one of the more recent one.

Did you get it from here?

scifista42 said:

The version code/number is in the title bar of the startup log window AND the iwad selection window.
Did you get it from here?

The version is g2.1.1, I have no iwad selection window, am I supposed to?
And nevermind about the "more recent" part, I guess I'm not up-to-date. I got a release from September 18, 2016.

I have doubts that this could be a bug specific to some still-relatively-very-recent devbuild or even stable release of GZDoom, but it's possible. In case updating your GZDoom to the latest stable version or the latest devbuild version didn't fix the problem for you, could you post a gif, video, or a before/after pair of screenshots, showing exactly how the flawed teleportation looks like and where exactly it happens?