Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

What would be a cool contest to make for Doom?

I want to get off of my butt and make a physical piece of Doom art (Like a Pinky or Caco sculpture), and was thinking it would be cool to hold some sort of community even if people like it, What do you think would be some cool Contests people would be interested in for getting a prize like that? or what kind of doom contests would you be interested in seeing?

You could have a contest to make a single room action filled diorama of any scene/room from the classic games.

You could have a contest to make a new monster using the modeling techniques id used for the original. (I'm thinking about the spider mastermind model pictures here, how it was a physical thing that they took pictures of an then worked off that)

I would like to see one map which consists of 30 ultra condensed versions of the respective maps of DOOM 2. After you finish each part you take a 1 way teleport to the next one.

Maybe a Christmas themed mapping contest. The best 10 get put into a wad in reverse ranking order (i.e. 10th place is the first map, 9th place is map 2, etc.).

Ever since seeing this dungeon generation tool (linked below), I always contemplated making a map using a predefined layout. Maybe you generate 30 layouts you like the look of, people opt in for a map slot and you provide them with the base layout.

https://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/dungeon/index.cgi

Below is an example layout it generates. It comes with a key to indicate what the numbers and symbols mean, but I think the item / monster / trap placement should be left down to the mapper. I also feel the size of each square should be either 128x128 or 256x256

Ichor said:

Maybe a Christmas themed mapping contest.

Yeah that is a realy cool idea :D maybe with a little resource pack (christmas hats for the imps ^^)