Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

DOOM Nominated for The Game Awards.

Wow, some stiff competition for the GOTY award but I'm quite sure Id will win the Studio of the Year, especially if they continue supporting Snapmap the way have so far and add bots for MP.

Doom will win. People will laugh, but Doom will laugh last. Make Game Awards Great Again.

Don't underestimate Doom. I never played a game that much since the days of Quake 3 Arena.

For those who don't want to watch the video, here's the list of nominees.

DOOM is nominated in four categories:

Game of the Year
Best Game Direction
Best Music/Sound Design
Best Action Game

I think it will definitely take Best Action Game. I think Music/Sound Design is another possible win, but DOOM did have some sound mixing issues.

Overwatch looks like a huge pile of crap. I mean, LeafyIsHere plays it in his videos and unlike Doom, I cannot figure out what the f-ck is going on.

Sig said:

Doom will win. People will laugh, but Doom will laugh last. Make Game Awards Great Again.

We're gonna win bigly! Drain the swamp!

How can 2015 releases like TW3 and F4 still get titles? TW3 got GOTY2K15 as far as I know, isn't it enough or what?

Karakurt said:

How can 2015 releases like TW3 and F4 still get titles? TW3 got GOTY2K15 as far as I know, isn't it enough or what?

This year's DLC counts for this year.

Aha! Makes sense. Also wasn't this the Joystick Award? The The Game Award will actually take place in 1st December.

The Golden Joystick Awards are a joke.

No Man's Sky was a contender in several categories and games like The Last Guardian are also there, despite the fact it hasn't launched yet.

The Games Award is better by some margin.

In the end, it's still about the popularity of the game that makes it a good contender.

And Doom isn't that popular among all the other FPS games.

Voros said:

In the end, it's still about the popularity of the game that makes it a good contender.

And Doom isn't that popular among all the other FPS games.

I'm not surprised. I've completed Doom 4 once, yet I'm not keen on replaying it, simply because of the nature of the monster attacks (they come in waves, triggered by the pulling of the hearts from the sparkly glowy spheres) and the sheer difficulty of the bosses.

Overwatch, however, might be fun, but I cannot figure out what is going on when I see footage of its gameplay.

Karakurt said:

This is DOOM for you. Did you expect a Halo 4 campaign or what?

In none, NONE of the first three Doom games did hordes of monsters beam into a single arena-style area once you destroyed one of their artefacts and you had to finish them all off before you could proceed. In all of the previous Doom games, the monsters were liberally sprinkled around the maps, you didn't necessarily need to kill any of them and almost none of those maps had "arenas" - they were more freeform.

Well a 1995 video game surely had different level design, but still hordes weren't only put into area-looking rooms, there were large corridors and obstacles even. Only thing I didn't really like is the amount of spawns and the fact that stronger monsters always spawned after the first hordes, which becomes too predictable once you got it.

Trycon said:

It doesn't hurt to experiment with different level design you know.

Maybe it's because I'm 44 and I'm getting a bit old for such action games, but even on the easiest difficulty, I found Doom 4 quite intense, although I love the 3D engine visuals. And the bosses were the toughest I'd come across in any game, especially the last one - I must've died three dozen times before I beat it, and that was with help from YouTube videos!

Best Visual Design:
1st Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
2nd Dark Souls 3
3rd Doom

Best Audio:
1st Fallout 4
2nd Doom
3rd Star Wars Battlefront

Best Gaming Moment in association with Absolute Radio:
1st Returning to Anor Londo in Dark Souls 3
2nd The Brotherhood Of Steel arriving in Fallout 4
3rd Play of the game in Overwatch
Nom Unleashing the BFG 9000 in Doom

Studio Of The Year:
1st CD Projekt Red
2nd Blizzard Entertainment
3nd Bethesda Game Studios
Nom id Software

PC Game of the Year:
1st Overwatch
2nd Doom
3rd Sid Meier's Civilization 6

Ultimate Game Of The Year:
1st Dark Souls 3
2nd Overwatch
3rd Fallout 4
Nom Doom

TW3 did deserves its spots honestly. A shame Doom didn't make it to audio but it's ok, let's hope it'll get a title in 1st December.

Karakurt said:

TW3 did deserves its spots honestly. A shame Doom didn't make it to audio but it's ok, let's hope it'll get a title in 1st December.

TW3 already won quite a few last year. I'm not sure a DLC, no matter how large should receive a GOTY award except for the best DLC.

Hofmann said:

Best Visual Design:
1st Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
2nd Dark Souls 3
3rd Doom

Best Audio:
1st Fallout 4
2nd Doom
3rd Star Wars Battlefront

Best Gaming Moment in association with Absolute Radio:
1st Returning to Anor Londo in Dark Souls 3
2nd The Brotherhood Of Steel arriving in Fallout 4