Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

What are some Good FPS games not on Steam?

I hear Halo 2 is pretty good. Its not on Steam.

geo said:

I hear Halo 2 is pretty good. Its not on Steam.

IIRC Halo 1-3 aren't available on Steam. I liked Halo 1.

Halo 1 and 2 are quite fine games, though I prefer H1. While both have PC versions neither are on Steam. Kind of a missed opportunity IMO. And personally I'd love for H5 and beyond to come to PC, as I don't own an XBone and don't really want to get one just for Halo.

If your looking for the campaign you'll be sorely disapointed, It's really bad. Mp was fun though. Ya I'm a huge bungie fan personally, I would love to try 1&2 on pc though.

MrGlide said:

I'll go first. Wolfenstein 09, Soldier of fortune 1&2.

Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 deserve some praise.

1 was one of the first arcade "tactical" FPS and 2 was quite good too. Shame they are now forgoten, thanks to a crappy #3

MrGlide said:

you can activate wolfenstein 09 as well, how well does prey play on pc anyway?

Prey plays absolutely fine on my PC with Windows 7. I've never heard of any issues with iDtech 4 games on Windows 8 or 10 either, so I would assume it would work on them as well.

No one said Doom 64 yet?

Doom 64.

N64 version of Quake.

I would say Golden Eye, but I never played it and I hear its great.... for N64, but awful to anyone who has ever played a PC FPS.

There was never any PC FPS game from around the time where you actually played as a spy/agent, so it still has something unique over the other PC FPS games from around the time

Avoozl said:

There was never any PC FPS game from around the time where you actually played as a spy/agent, so it still has something unique over the other PC FPS games from around the time

Ever played either of the No One Lives Forever games? (Which count for this thread, by the way.)

Cyanosis said:

It's not 'officially' on the PC.

The thread started with the premise, good FPS not on Steam. Chances are the poster meant "and on PC as well."

WildWeasel said:

Ever played either of the No One Lives Forever games? (Which count for this thread, by the way.)

Man, I hate that game.

Avoozl said:

Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but have you heard of Project IGI, and IGI 2? You play as a spy throughout the whole game, and it's on PC

it's not on Steam either.

MrGlide said:

I'll go first. Wolfenstein 09, Soldier of fortune 1&2.

The Soldier of Fortune games aren't on Steam? That's dumb.

Da Eediot said:

Chaos Engine is.

geo said:

I would say Golden Eye, but I never played it and I hear its great.... for N64, but awful to anyone who has ever played a PC FPS.

Is the controller that bad? i use a emulator with a xbox 360 controller and i thought it was fine.

geo said:

Like you said, it was great for a Console game 1996, ha they even where blown away that could do some DM..... Console are always one step behind PC....

Voros said:

Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but have you heard of Project IGI, and IGI 2? You play as a spy throughout the whole game, and it's on PC

it's not on Steam either.

I was referring to the mention of Goldeneye which was released in 1995 and what I was trying to say was there wasn't really any PC spy games back then, Project IGI was released sometime in 2000.

Da Eediot said:

What I find dumb is how the source code for either of the two SOF games still hasn't been released, however if the games were to be released on Steam then they'd need to have a GoG release also.

No One Lives Forever 1 & 2, especially the first one as the second game had a bunch of issues (Manually searching every corpse for ammo, less environments and levels, respawning enemies and more sketchy comedy)
Rainbow Six:Rogue Spear, in my opinion the best game in the series and it isn't on either Steam or GoG for some reason.