Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Cacowards 2016 Nomination Thread

rileymartin said:

playing through all the maps or just nominating based on trailers and hype?

A third option is nominating based on playing only the first map or two (or whatever number) and being very impressed by them. This actually seems to happen frequently, both by observing this thread or idgames comments and from my own experience with leaving early reviews or nominations.

Long time no see. Anyway I have popped back to nominate Plutonium Sandpit, Blades of Agony E1, Urania and No Sleep for the Dead.

When are we adding audio visual departments?

For streams and music made for wads?

I personally haven't played that many maps this year, but as a suggestion...

Possible side column for the Romero maps released this year?

Rather than a nomination.

Just my two cents.

My nominations are:
- Two maps of John Romero
- Brutal Doom 64
- Blade of Agony Chapter 1
- Japanese Community Project

Preliatus said:

I personally haven't played that many maps this year, but as a suggestion...

Possible side column for the Romero maps released this year?

Rather than a nomination.

Just my two cents.

I agree with this. Romero's releases were of major importance to the community and are great maps, but there's been so much top-notch stuff released this year that it isn't even fair to compare them to and that should get the Top 10 Cacowards instead. Giving them an Honorable Mention would just be kind of insulting.

ToD's UDINO map "Fear" is easily the most creative map released this year. If there was a category to award the best individual map among all ILs and sets released, I'd definitely give it to that.

rdwpa said:

ToD's UDINO map "Fear" is easily the most creative map released this year. If there was a category to award the best individual map among all ILs and sets released, I'd definitely give it to that.

my google skills just let me down miserably. link plz.

evil_presley said:

my google skills just let me down miserably. link plz.

Here is a link to the map in question
http://timeofdeath.wrvids.com/doom/udinoE4M9TODv3.zip
Plays on E4M9 by the way.

Back on topic, I guess I should chip in a couple of nominations as I don't believe I have done so far.
Ancient Aliens - Probably the best release this year.
There have also been some good contributions;
Threnody - A mixed bag but there were some fantastic maps in there so I will give that a nod.
Probably Bloodstain and Mutiny as well.

I nominate Quasar for the Espi award for all the commitment and hard work he has delivered to the community throughout the years. Is it too much to ask, really?

HavoX said:

I nominate Quasar for the Espi award for all the commitment and hard work he has delivered to the community throughout the years. Is it too much to ask, really?

No it's not too much thus +1 from me, but I would also throw in Kaiser who helped reverse engineer strife and ultimately with Quasar, give us the ultimate edition of Strife :)

Can I nominate my own wad?

Seinfeld.wad for mockaward

Bloodstain for overall, I loved it.

DooD is some stiff competition in the mock category.
I knew I shoulda made a coffee table book about coffee tables that triples as an actual coffee table...

I have to Nominate Blade of Agony Chapter 1.
Its the only mod in a long while that I've played from start to finish.

Lemme say for the record that Hunter's Moon deserves some recognition here. It's such a great mod making use of as many 3D models as possible.

I want to give to Blade of Agony a cacoward nomination... is a really awesome project, just played it yesterday...

Having played it after my last post in this thread, I'm going to jump on the Ancient Aliens bandwagon.

For Mockaward I'd say Trump Doom should get it. DooD and HDoom are very well done and amusing in their own ways, but TD just barely edges them out.

I'll still have to pick DooD over Trump Doom, but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how much effort was put in, I thought it would just be a cheap joke rather than a proper little Doom experience.