Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MinerOfWorlds

Help with enemy behavior.

I love playing super smash tv on the snes and i would like to see it as a fps but i don't know how to make the enemies behave like the game (i know nothing about that stuff) so how hard would it be to make the enemies?

Changing what they shoot: Easy.
Changing how they act: Can vary from pretty easy to "you're gonna have to make your own ZDoom, bud".

More detail on what you want to change would help.

Albertoni said:

More detail on what you want to change would help.

I can use the pinky as the green guys but i need the bomb shrapnel guy (i don't think they have names).

And how does that one act? Come on, dude, give us detail. You're assuming we played the game before and know it by heart.

In modern ZDoom-based ports, mostly any complex enemy behavior should be achievable with enough DECORATE and/or ACS. Both are very flexible and powerful tools for their respective purposes, and easy to use once you get familiar with the basics. DECORATE is the primary way to define custom monster appearance and behavior, but since your mod is (presumably) going to take place in small arenas, you could afford to rely on ACS a lot too. So well, learn DECORATE and possibly ACS. If you really wanted vanilla or Boom compatibility, you'd have to rely on DEHACKED with its more limited possibilities, but you wouldn't need a ZDoom-based port to play the mod.

Albertoni said:

And how does that one act? Come on, dude, give us detail. You're assuming we played the game before and know it by heart.

I was assuming you would use google.

It's a walking bomb and when it explodes it shots shrapnel but when killed it does not shot shrapnel.

Sounds like DECORATE would do all you're asking then.

The biggest problem would be if there are enemies with unusual movement patterns, like one that always tries to attack you from behind, or teleporting enemies. Though you can fake teleporting if you do need it.

You can learn it at Zdoom wiki.

It is possible to recreate Smash TV from a first person perspective, going from room to room and getting points and guns. But it is a lot of work. You also need to find or create some appropriate graphics for the enemies, guns etc.