Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Your Bad Video Game Habits

Giving up on playing games that i like, sometimes, i just forget they exist and never come back to finish it.

Writing detailed reviews. That's the bad habit that keeps haunting as literally 15 years later someone picks a fight with your opinion.

In game? I'm not sure I have bad habits other than as an old man I just plow through games and don't do the side content. Unless its an Elder Scrolls then I do only side missions because if the game ends then its like I wasted 200 hours to restart.

Starting too many games and not getting around to most of them within several months of playing in general, with only a handful or so actually getting beaten.

OCD Maximize content. If an Npc has different dialogue from repetitive interactions I will deliberately speak to them several times over.

I also never leave anyone alive. If there is a potential enemy I will kill them even if it's impractical to do so. I also loot everything I can up to a certain point.

But I'm not into collecting 100% of little collectables. That's not content, that's crap.

Save scumming. You'd think hundreds and hundreds of hours spent playing Dark Souls would have broken this terrible habit, but no.

In online MP games, I have the habit of hitting random walls and objects with quick melee Freddy Krueger style while running to the battle.

I'm with DM guy.... reloading because I shot a bullet with a 100 round mag. Games need to have ammo count for the mag.

Being a perfectionist about it and getting pissed off if I feel I don't do stuff "just" right.

Admiring the levels, staring at dead enemies, bashing other cars into walls and stuff in racing game and not paying attention and accidently fall to my death.

antares031 said:

Nodding the player's head with mouse to respond NPC's dialogue.

I do the negative headshake when something stupid happens!

Talking to/making gestures at the characters on-screen, usually in response to being killed or to make fun of annoying/silly NPCs.

Spending far too much time wandering around the maps that I make when "testing" instead of getting back to the editor to fix stuff.

dethtoll said:

Replaying old favorites over and over while stuff I paid full price for goes unplayed.

Also this; one of the reasons I'll very rarely be willing to spend full price on a game, especially one I haven't tried before.

Getting so lost in a single game i freeze all other projects until i finish that game, right now, replaying resident evil 4 in the mid of 2 projects.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Reloading everytime there's no enemy around, even if my ammo is 29/30 .

That's not a bad Habit, that´s the right way to do things. You may need that extra round and who knows if will have the time to reload while fighting.

Reload every gun, always. Save best gun for last. Use grenades within 3 minutes of finding them. When I use a rocket launcher a lot and maybe killing a couple guys, it's called "covering fire" and "those dead bodies aren't coming back to life".

Two that I have: having drinks at the side of my keyboard, when I am not careful when playing I tend to spill them sometimes. The other is actually just where my desk setup is, that I have my setup close to my window and the sun gets right in my eyes in the afternoon. I need to move it eventually.

Getsu Fune said:

I have my setup close to my window and the sun gets right in my eyes in the afternoon. I need to move it eventually.

Moving the sun sounds a bit tricky.

BluePineapple72 said:

One of mine would be constantly googling where shit is (sorry DOOM 2 lol)

That's one thing I don't do unless I get stuck. I used to play Guild Wars with a couple friends and they would look everything up before doing a quest/mission and that annoyed me. Then I got blamed for making them do all the research. Eventually I got the fuck out of playing with them. heh

I don't finish very many games that I start. In Bethesda's game I tend to not do the Main Quest just for the reason that I prefer to mess around doing side stuff. Only Elder Scones game I finished was Oblivion. Never did finish the MQ in Morrowind, Skyrim, Fallout 3 or 4 or Newd Vegas.. Maybe now I'm playing Skyrim Special Edition I'll play through the MQ.

dethtoll said:

Replaying old favorites over and over

This as well, I've lost count of how many times I've beaten the same old FPS games.

I also seem to shake the camera a lot in shooters when moving around erratically and sometimes when I shoot automatic weapons to cover a wider area with bullets.

If I touch an invisibility sphere, or an invincibility sphere, or the night vision goggles... I have a fucking conniption. That triggers my video game OCD real hard. Oh, the radiation suit too. Which sucks because it's necessary. But I hate having the puke green screen. It's like stop pls

And then when you pick up multiple powerups at the same time your screen becomes a bunch of ugly colors mixed together like a soup of cancer.

Getting bored or annoyed at a game halfway through and using cheat codes to get me through the rest.