Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

user Malinku was murdered

I've never been a part of the mapping community, so I've never heard of him. But recent inspirations and the observation of the community coming together after his tragic passing have finally led me to decide that I want to start making maps.

Rest In Peace

Sad to hear. Malinku seemed like the embodiment of chill, the kind of guy everyone could like. Laid-back, never getting in arguments, just popping up to share his latest work. A huge blow to the mapping community, perhaps not in terms of volume, but in tone definitely.

I didn't know about this until I returned to DW after a long absence. Horrible. Despicable. May he rest in peace.

We'll miss you friend.

i decided to check out Malinku's profile page, and saw his title was changed to R.I.P. (RIP Malinku)

How come Ty's title wasn't changed to at least show that he passed away? Such as

Glaice said:

"Eternal Pillar of the Community"

Not trying to derail here, just asking. Meanwhile I'll play some of Malinku's maps.

That's the default title for the deceased usergroup. Custom titles like the one Ty had still overwrite this as normal.

Hey everyone, I'm Chris, Malinku/Andrew's friend that's actually mentioned in the article posted in the original post. I just made this account because I want to thank everyone for their kind words. It's been a couple weeks but the pain obviously remains, though reading your words helps a lot. Andrew had a great mind and a lot of passion for Doom mapping, and while as some mentioned he had stepped away to pursue other passions, this was one interest he never truly abandoned. Thank you all. <3

Hey man, thanks for coming here! I'm sorry we had to meet under such circumstances but let it be known that Malinku was always super cool to us and were very lucky to have had someone like him in our lives. We do talk about how much we love Doom but truthfully its all the cool people that come and go in this community that makes it so great and Malinku was definitely one of them.

No problem. It's hard seeing someone as nice as him pass away in such a horrible way. I hope whoever did this to him is brought to justice.

porfdank said:

Hey everyone, I'm Chris, Malinku/Andrew's friend that's actually mentioned in the article posted in the original post. I just made this account because I want to thank everyone for their kind words. It's been a couple weeks but the pain obviously remains, though reading your words helps a lot. Andrew had a great mind and a lot of passion for Doom mapping, and while as some mentioned he had stepped away to pursue other passions, this was one interest he never truly abandoned. Thank you all. <3

Thanks for dropping in. If there are any news, keep us up to date, please.

Sad to hear, murdered even :( My condolences to the people who are left behind, may you find the strength to deal with all of this. Hope they find the one responsible for this.

We are to play his unfinished and untitled map in his honor.
Godspeed to another precious Doomworld member.

Sorry for the bump but I just found out about this today after being inactive for several months.

I'm deeply sadden that this happen considering that I was involved with a few speedmapping sessions(including his first public release that was also mine) with him along with a DM project that as far as I know was never finish.

I will miss you my friend ;_;

1 hour ago, jimreh said:

To all who said such good things about my son, Thank You. After almost 5 yrs and no movement on the case my family and I enjoy any good things said about our son.

I send you a hug from Spain Jim, I hope the case will be solved soon and justice will be done.

I Never Knew Him But I'm Sure He Was A Great Man We Should Not Be Sad He Left So Soon We Should Be Happy He Was There In The First Place He May Not Be Here Physically But He Lives On Through His Wonderful Works And Creations May Justice Be Served And May The Monster Who Would Commit Such A Horrible Act Be Jailed  

Edited by The BMFG

3 hours ago, jimreh said:

To all who said such good things about my son, Thank You. After almost 5 yrs and no movement on the case my family and I enjoy any good things said about our son.

I'm sorry to hear there has been no progress in his case. Your son was a valued, creative and easy to get on with member of this community and he is very much missed.

That really breaks my heart to hear there has been no movement on the case.

While I didn’t know Andrew, it is very obvious that he was very much loved by the people that knew him.

I hope with all my being that you get answers and closure some day. Hopefully soon.

Hugs and thoughts from Australia.

21 hours ago, jimreh said:

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your son. 

There are few things more heart wrenching than watching a parent bury their child. I genuinely hope you get justice for him. Stay strong and pursue that goal with grim determination, for I know there will be no peace until that happens.

Rest peacefully Andrew.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, jimreh said:

After almost 5 yrs and no movement on the case ....

My deepest condolences, not just on the grievous loss of your son, but also for the lack of resolution on the case.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:56 AM, jimreh said:

I did not know him, but it is clear he was well regarded. To lose someone like this is horrific, and to not have justice just makes it so much worse. My sympathy to you, your family and his friends. 

Edited by Murdoch

I wasn't around here then, so I can't say I knew him or ever conversed with him, but it's clear he left a mark in this community, and what happened to him is something I'd wish on nobody. You have my deepest condolences.

Have faith that sooner or later, the truth will come out, and justice will be served.