Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cosmic Grain

Can't load my map in GZDoom Builder after updating

I updated GZDoom Builder today and now when I try to load a map I've been working on, Builder just freezes and I have to exit. It doesn't freeze when I open a new map though. It seems that something in the update is now preventing me from loading my map. It uses custom textures and props btw, if it helps to know. Is anyone else having a problem like this?

Sorry, I'm new here but just wondering if you've tried to load one of your backups? I had a similar issue when updating, had to reload a backup in order to access it again.

Cosmic Grain said:

When I try to load a map I've been working on, Builder just freezes and I have to exit.

Can you provide said map for testing?

The backups wouldn't load either.

So I just downloaded the version of GZDoom builder before yesterday's update and my map loads normally... It definitely is something in the update. For now I can just work in this version I suppose.

I was kind of hoping to not show my stuff til it's finished, so I'd like to wait and see if this is an issue anyone else has and if it gets resolved. It's not a biggie if I end up having to share the map but still.

If you don't want to show your stuff, you can always send it to me via PM. I don't care how finished it is, I just need some data set, which triggers invalid behavior in the editor, so I can fix it.

Currently there are 3 reports of the editor hanging while loading certain user maps, yet nobody have provided a map for me to debug this behavior.

Cosmic Grain said:

The backups wouldn't load either.

So I just downloaded the version of GZDoom builder before yesterday's update and my map loads normally... It definitely is something in the update. For now I can just work in this version I suppose.

I was kind of hoping to not show my stuff til it's finished, so I'd like to wait and see if this is an issue anyone else has and if it gets resolved. It's not a biggie if I end up having to share the map but still.

If the editor works fine with a previous version just stick with that. Unless you're scripting the updates usually arent crucial, I was using one a couple of versions back up until last week because there simply wasn't anything urgent needed to update.

Cosmic Grain said:

Hey thanks for the help guys. But everything is working good since the most recent update. :)

Good to hear!