Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gaspe

The Legacy of Heroes - on idgames

gaspe said:

No, this wad is for Doom 2. The closest thing you can do would be to play it with a medieval/fantasy themed mod I guess.

Or with Samsara as Corvus or Parias, I suppose. Too bad, there is no Heretic-themed monster replacement mod for Doom II - at least, as far as I know.

Oh well. I still plan to give this mapset a shot, as it looks pretty cool!

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Or with Samsara as Corvus or Parias, I suppose. Too bad, there is no Heretic-themed monster replacement mod for Doom II - at least, as far as I know.

Oh well. I still plan to give this mapset a shot, as it looks pretty cool!

I'm pretty sure Realm667 has a ton of Heretic monsters that you can add to doom wads. I know the mummies are there, because the wad Unloved uses them, as well as the ghosts and such.

Phade102 said:

I'm pretty sure Realm667 has a ton of Heretic monsters that you can add to doom wads. I know the mummies are there, because the wad Unloved uses them, as well as the ghosts and such.

Realm667 doesn't host iwad resources, though there are modified versions of Heretic monsters there. If you wanted to use Heretic enemies in Doom, you'd need to rip them directly from Heretic and convert them to function in Doom, which would require a palette conversion and probably some behavior modification in some cases. It could be done, I'm sure, but there's no ready-made solution currently.

Cyanosis said:

Damn is this like a spiritual successor to Eternal Doom? I really liked that megawad, even if it was a slog.

I'd say it's the closest we're going to get to Eternal Doom IV short of Eternal Doom IV ever being completed. It's that good, in my opinion. It's more on the action-y side of things though there is one puzzle level that's a bit of a slog (fuck you, map 09 :P).

Cyanosis said:

Damn is this like a spiritual successor to Eternal Doom? I really liked that megawad, even if it was a slog.

To a certain extent yes, but it isn't nearly as cryptic (apart from few things in MAP09).

gaspe said:

(apart from few things in MAP09).

Hah, no kidding. I'm completely stuck! I hit the switch in the dark underground area but have no idea what to do next.

paymentplan said:

Hah, no kidding. I'm completely stuck! I hit the switch in the dark underground area but have no idea what to do next.

Then you are done there. Go up to the stairs and back to the big hall where to the left there's the path to the underground area, but now take the entrance to the right.

Spoiler

There you'll find a switch at your right/back to raise the path from the water so you can go ahead.

gaspe said:

Then you are done there. Go up to the stairs and back to the big hall where to the left there's the path to the underground area, but now take the entrance to the right.

Spoiler

There you'll find a switch at your right/back to raise the path from the water so you can go ahead.

Wow, that's some serious neglect on my part to miss that. Thanks for the help. I'm really loving this WAD.

I have big problems with ammo in this wad. At the end of MAP02 i ran out of everything and i went into the portal to hell with 5 bullets to pistol. Then when i continued the next map with cheats, i found the first ammo after exploring like 1/3 of the map! And only pinkies and imps everywhere dropping nothing. I think it needs some overhaul in this aspect, pretty unplayable right now.

40 minutes ago, Youda said:

I have big problems with ammo in this wad. At the end of MAP02 i ran out of everything and i went into the portal to hell with 5 bullets to pistol. Then when i continued the next map with cheats, i found the first ammo after exploring like 1/3 of the map! And only pinkies and imps everywhere dropping nothing. I think it needs some overhaul in this aspect, pretty unplayable right now.

Damn, haven't yet played this mapset but it's on my must play soon list, what difficulty were you playing on by the way?

It was UV and Project Brutality mod. Maybe it broke the ammo spawns somehow, i will try without it.

It must be an issue caused by Project Brutality @Youda, for example on MAP03 there's a chaingun and a box of bullets after you come out from the starting cave. But I don't know what causes the problem that you are having, sorry if I can't be much of help.

Oh, indeed. PB removs some of the weapon spawns. But only the new version, 2.03 and 1.0 don't do that. Also only in this WAD, doesn't happen anywhere else. Must be some coincidental conflict between the scripts.

Wow @gaspe,

you made this eternally old Doomer feeling eternally happy again. :)

Admitted, due to time-problems, I only checked level 1 so far, but you got the feel and look of Eternal Doom down. Also, don´t get this wrong, I´m also feeling a little bit proud that our work from the nineties still influences new mappers. :)

I will give the whole set a playthrough at the next available time-slot - it´s a long time since I got lost in Eternal Doom. But from what I saw (and read) so far you get my seal of approval and could even call it Eternal Doom 4.5. :)

BTW I´m also back on the mapper-scene, but - as in my work for ED - I´m still no castle-guy and just trying to use the ressources slightly different and - also as before (and man, did I get hate for this back then and still) in a more surreal way. At least we had the time-travel plot back then and this is exactly what I will use in my upcoming level-set again. ;)

Keep on the good work and thanks for keeping Eternal alive...

dia

Thank you so much for your comment @theDia, I'm glad you liked what you saw so far and I hope that you'll enjoy the rest too. I must say that it made me very happy to hear this from one of the developers of Eternal Doom, and I never imagined that something like this could happen :)