Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DLC 3 Teaser

Zemini said:

Looks fun, but still waiting on SP DLC announcements - much like everyone else.

I don't think that we are ever gonna see SP dlc for this game, it seems that id software it's betting on snapmap for new SP content

Zemini said:

Looks fun, but still waiting on SP DLC announcements - much like everyone else.

Oh I feel your pain, buttttt .....

you ready for some bad news bro?

No sp content in any shape or form coming for this release, confirmed by devs in the last Q&A. At least not for the considerable future. Strong hints that we are getting doom2, though, obviously :)

Cuz that ending is obviously very open-ended.

Meh, Skipping it like the previous dlcs lol, But it's nice to have more maps to Play, I'm waiting for more SnapMap content, would be nice to finally get manually movable Blocking Boxes and objects .

EDIT : The DLC is titled Bloodfall, you can see it on Steam achievements (more DLC Exclusive achievements added) .

massivefanofdoom said:

Oh I feel your pain, buttttt .....

you ready for some bad news bro?

No sp content in any shape or form coming for this release, confirmed by devs in the last Q&A. At least not for the considerable future.

Then the devs are fucking idiots. If they are not going to give us real modding and/or level editing AND no more campaign content ... then it sounds to me like they don't deserve to keep the franchise. They obviously don't care.

They said they "currently" don't have any plans for sequel or SP DLC, They never said "We're never gonna release more SP content" .

Zemini said:

Then the devs are fucking idiots. If they are not going to give us real modding and/or level editing AND no more campaign content ... then it sounds to me like they don't deserve to keep the franchise. They obviously don't care.

They're putting a lot of effort into SnapMap, which has improved a lot since launch. There's some really custom/creative maps out there now. And SnapMap will continue to improve.

Contrast that with regular mod tools, where user made maps would be sparse and only available to 1/3 of the player base. id has also explained that idTech6 isn't friendly to modding and would require a lot of resources to make it work. It just doesn't make much sense.

As for actual Campaign content, I'm assuming id is also putting work towards the full sequel.

Absolutely, there are truly ground breaking snapmap creations going on and already available for that matter. Have you tried ID's own snapmaps? There actually pretty solid SP wise, just wished for coop support in the newer ones. We can exoect an expansion crafted & based off of everyones ideas and general snapmap creations in the not to far future I'd reckon.

Zemini said:

Calm down.

Zemini said:

You do realize that in order for you to be able to make levels using id Studio you would need to have to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in a computer farm to compile your maps, correct?

*Edited to be less brash

Stapler said:

You do realize that in order for you to be able to make levels using id Studio you would need to have to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in a computer to compile your maps, correct? Quit looking for reasons to bitch and moan.

Unlikely. $10k maybe, for a dual Xeon rack server with 16 cores and 32 GB RAM. If that can't handle resource baking in a reasonable amount of time, nothing will short of a supercomputer.

Quasar said:

Unlikely. $10k maybe, for a dual Xeon rack server with 16 cores and 32 GB RAM. If that can't handle resource baking in a reasonable amount of time, nothing will short of a supercomputer.

I have this weird suspicion that a Nvidia Quadro would be thrown into the mix somewhere as well. Megatexture editing with source assets strikes me as a very VRAM intensive process.
Mind you, while still not "hundreds", 10k is still cost prohibitive to almost all potential mappers here. :V

ChickenOrBeef said:

They're putting a lot of effort into SnapMap, which has improved a lot since launch. There's some really custom/creative maps out there now. And SnapMap will continue to improve.

Contrast that with regular mod tools, where user made maps would be sparse and only available to 1/3 of the player base. id has also explained that idTech6 isn't friendly to modding and would require a lot of resources to make it work. It just doesn't make much sense.

As for actual Campaign content, I'm assuming id is also putting work towards the full sequel.

I haven't really played or messed with snapmap for awhile. Until they give us a option to edit Monsters and Weapon properties Ill probably will not bother. I spent hours trying to get a Light to follow a montster as a substitute - but it never worked.

The biggest part of Doom was making your own stuff. I understand that IDtech is hard to work with, but if players could just make their own prefabs for uploading ... it would be enough too sustain itself. Making a prefab is a hell of a lot more manageable then making a level. I think people might be able to stick with such a task and finish it.

Stapler said:

You do realize that in order for you to be able to make levels using id Studio you would need to have to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in a computer to compile your maps, correct? Quit looking for reasons to bitch and moan.

Maybe not today, but what about the future? And I don't think it would cost that much. Someday it will be affordable.

Zemini said:

Until they give us a option to edit Monsters and Weapon properties

You have been able to change monster properties since the beginning. Probably more so now. You can't edit the weapons but you can change how many the player can have assigned.

Things I would like to see for monster editing:

Monster colors (or just give us more options)
Attack speed
Attach type
Projectile type and/or color
Walking/Running Speed
Perhaps a add a size option (for bosses)

Zemini said:

I haven't really played or messed with snapmap for awhile. Until they give us a option to edit Monsters and Weapon properties Ill probably will not bother. I spent hours trying to get a Light to follow a montster as a substitute - but it never worked.

The biggest part of Doom was making your own stuff. I understand that IDtech is hard to work with, but if players could just make their own prefabs for uploading ... it would be enough too sustain itself. Making a prefab is a hell of a lot manable then making a level.

Check out my snapmap dude, ill show you how to create custom demons and scenery. Snapmap has almost unlimited potential if understood correctly. Not that I'm a master of it.. yet. And DMguy they were not campaign quality, however there are better examples available. Seriously look at the quality maps being created here for one. Not that I'm implying your downing snapmap._ just seems like everyones doubting its potential. And great news regardless there seems to be a smooth flow of updates always on the horizon atleast, new demon content ? Sure Ill take it.

If they ever add more content to multiplayer or singeplayer I want bigger and more powerful plasma rifle. The one we have is fun, but feels kinda weak.

Grenade launcher? Must be interesting. But don't know how it can be usable in Doom.

NoisM said:

Grenade launcher? Must be interesting. But don't know how it can be usable in Doom.

Might work the same way it does in Quake 1, Shoots bouncy grenades, Welp more overpowered guns, DLC weapons are already abused in Multiplayer, Kinetic mine and the new Pistol .. etc, Especially on Possession .

DMGUYDZ64, nothing like this if you playing on PC. Only goddamn TDM, rockets, plasma, shotguns and static rifles. And it's not good at all, but fkn server browser still not available...