Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Doom Soundtrack Live December 1st

Well done, Mick, Matt, and Sonic Mayhem! Mixing wasn't the best, but boy was everyone pumped! Hopefully this will pave the way for more performances in the future with a longer fuller set and bigger band! Highlight of the entire show for me.

Mick was skipping around the stage like it was a Pop Punk concert. I know he wanted to bring the energy, but it was out of place.

A solid performance overall though.

I can't really watch metal when it's one rhythm guitarist and no bassist, and the mixing prevents a lot of the notes from being properly heard. And that really sucks because I was looking forward to this.

The mix killed it. That lead synth was not only way too prominent, but also the detune was so heavy handed it sounded like it came in on a sour note. I'm not going to look to far into the maw of a gift horse. If Mick and Sonic Mayhem did a tour featuring the Doom and Quake 2 soundtracks, I would follow them like a grizzled Dead Head roadie.

It's definitely not the fault of the musicians. Seems like the production was very hasty. Shame on whoever was responsible!

Live stream music performances, particularly metal, tend to not sound the best. Just look up the recorded streams of metal festivals.