Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JagDogger2525

Middle Textures

Hey all,

I am trying to make a mod where it has a maze in one part and uses the bars/grate (MIDGRATE) texture but when I test it via [G]ZDoom/Zandronum, the texture goes through the floor/ceiling. I have the map in ZDoom (Doom in Hexen Format) config.

How would I get the texture to not go through the floor/ceiling?

One solution is to set the light value to be 1 unit different on either side of the fence (if one sector has a light of 192, bump the other up to 193 for example). Another solution is to create a MAPINFO lump and use the 'clipmidtextures' flag.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Map_definition - Search this page for 'clipmidtextures'. Hope this helps!

In UDMF, you can check a linedef flag to clip it on the spot, you can also make a short middle texture wrap, or repeat itself vertically, so you don't have to make a whole new texture that's tall enough. The more I use UDMF, the more I realize I was missing out.

It's for a Doom 2 map and has a music script change already integrated into it.

I never used ZDoom (Doom in Hexen Format) before last week, so I do not know what to actually do. I used the base Doom or Doom 2 format(s) since starting modding maps.

Using Doom Builder 2 and Slade 3 (prefer DB2 for maps, I know Slade 3 does maps yet I have been using DB2 for years).

Doomkid said:

One solution is to set the light value to be 1 unit different on either side of the fence (if one sector has a light of 192, bump the other up to 193 for example). Another solution is to create a MAPINFO lump and use the 'clipmidtextures' flag.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Map_definition - Search this page for 'clipmidtextures'. Hope this helps!

Nevermind - I tried this and worked. Thank you so much