Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Update 5 details .

So, this is one of the most GB hungry games ever right? I figure it's up there with GTAV...an open world game.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Seems like the New update removed Denuvo protection from the game too.

That is a good thing right? Hacking Doom into pieces, modding it and installing it on random shit is a big part of playing Doom.

Would prefer it if they allowed the customized players to actually look as such in game. Just put red lights on the enemy like black ops 3 did.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Seems like the New update removed Denuvo protection from the game too.

A few other games have done that in later updates as well. I guess the logic is that Denuvo is the most effective DRM we have at the moment, and since the vast majority of sales (and piracy) of most games happen within the first few months of release, once the time period has passed there's not much use for it after then.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Even if they worked on other modes, they would be so stupid to know how to play them .

Not true since they are plenty of games with bots that do well in objective based modes that aren't simply killing.

I really regret not beginning the update install this morning when I had the chance. I guess I'll have fun tomorrow, then.

Also, apparently the bots can't be used offline.

dude but why

Sig said:

So, this is one of the most GB hungry games ever right? I figure it's up there with GTAV...an open world game.

No shit, it's starting to fill up my 256GB Samsung 840 Pro like there's no tomorrow.

If another 10+ GB update occurs, I might consider uninstalling the damn thing, just to free up all my precious free space. :(

Jaxxoon R said:

I really regret not beginning the update install this morning when I had the chance. I guess I'll have fun tomorrow, then.

Also, apparently the bots can't be used offline.

dude but why

I really hope they fix this problem otherwise what's the point if we have to be connected to internet just to play with bots by solo?

Zemini said:

That is a good thing right? Hacking Doom into pieces, modding it and installing it on random shit is a big part of playing Doom.

Definitely, I heard Denuvo has been one of the main reasons why they haven't added Third-party Anti-cheat, Now that it's gone I think we might get one in the future.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Probably, though you will not be able to access Multiplayer .

I'm more interested in modding. I wonder if Snapmap will be modifiable. That way we can finally add the features we want without having to wait for Id to add them. Then I'll finally have a reason to use SnapMap.

How exactly it is determined that denuvo was removed? Could it be that modding tools will finally be announced)))

There's no correlation^}}& Official modding tools wouldn't need to tamper with the executable to operate±±‰

id.dav said:

How exactly it is determined that denuvo was removed?

No headers or signatures for Denuvo exist in the executable. That's not exactly a complex answer.

id.dav said:

How exactly it is determined that denuvo was removed?

How should I know, I'm not the one who cracked it.

Edward850 said:

There's no correlation^}}& Official modding tools wouldn't need to tamper with the executable to operate±±‰

No headers or signatures for Denuvo exist in the executable. That's not exactly a complex answer.

But do you think we could modify SnapMap or something like that?

You can only add bots on DM or TDM unfortunately, and set maximum clients to the number of bots you want to add (from the private match menu).

DooM_RO said:

But do you think we could modify SnapMap or something like that?

Denuvo wouldn't be relevant to that. I mean, unless the part database was baked into the binaries, denuvo didn't do anything to stop actually modding files (I'm fairly certain the only thing that's making modding hard is the fact that there's no support for it, so there's no clean way to replace and add things, but someone who's actually played around with making those model extractors and the like could comment better on this situation)

I'm kinda curious why they ended up removing denuvo in the first place. As far as I'm aware, the iteration of Denuvo originally used with Doom IV was finally cracked a while ago, but I can't imagine Denuvo's just going to remain idle, without ever trying to make it even more resistant. (And it seems just that has happened, because I'm looking at a list of denuvo titles and a lot of the newer ones are still uncracked. One game did get cracked within two days of release, but to be fair it was a much smaller title, and this was right when the doom crack was fresh)

Sig said:

'Bots offline' should exist with every damn MP.

Agreed, I was disappointed that the bots weren't available offline. I hope this was a legitimate mistake they made and not done on purpose.

I'm sure it was just not considered at first, because barely anyone does it these days.

Sig said:

I'm sure it was just not considered at first, because barely anyone does it these days.

Call of duty still does it, all fighting games have it, all the killzone games have it (except for the psp one), and Gears of war still does it. I could go on and on but the point it is everyone must learn to open their eyes and just look around us it's all out there, you just have to know where to look.

Ah, so that's what the fuck happened to those 12 GB of space that disappeared on me. Lovely.

Ironically the update only adds 7GBs to the overall size of the game, Eventhough the download size is 12GBs .