Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

What would you choose?

Keep in mind how much time me're talking about, and how painful it would be.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Keep in mind how much time me're talking about, and how painful it would be.

• 10 billion years of the worst torture imaginable followed by an eternity of the most wonderful bliss
    • 10 billion years of the most wonderful bliss imaginable followed by an eternity of the worst torture

I've been thinking about this for a few months, and now it's other people's turn to suffer with this thought. I'd be interested in seeing the results.

Torture, then bliss.
At least then you've got something to look forward to.

10 billion years is beyond my comprehensive ability... hmm, it's like 100,000,000 lifetimes or more... I'll go with bliss first.. then I'll just hope some way out pops up along the way =)

I'd go with the bliss-then-torture scenario.

For example, if I knew I was going to go to Hell when I died, I would live my life to the fullest. I would work to do things for people who would otherwise go to Hell for doing them. I could spend eternity on the ass-end of the worst agony with the satisfaction that, because of something I did, there are other people who won't have to go through it.

I believe that the worst possible torture scenario would not allow you to have that satisfaction. Sorry.

I think torture first, that way it seems more deserving for you to recieve the pleasure, what I mean is, if you go for pleasure first, you would be more resentful when you got the torture, you know, why did I get all that pleasure when I knew this was gonna happen, compared to...ah, that torture was nothing compared to bliss I feel now! thats my therory anyway

AndrewB said:

I believe that the worst possible torture scenario would not allow you to have that satisfaction. Sorry.

As long as I can know pain, I can know satisfaction. That's what I think, anyway.

AndrewB said:

Have you stopped and thought about how long 10 billion years of torture is? I guess not.

Yes. But 10 billion years is nothing compared to eternity. Kinda like comparing 1 to infinity, or 10 billion (or any finite number) to infinity for that matter.
I'd choose torture first.

Torture then bliss. At least through all that torture I'd have something to look forward too. However, if it was the other way around, my bliss wouldn't be total bliss, because I'd know that eons away I'd go through overwhelming torture.

I'd choose Torture Then bliss, hell my life as it is, is torture. Also I'd never be in total bliss knoing that In 10 billion years I'd be in agonizing pain, I just cant be fully happy knoing that. And 10 billion is nothing compared to an eternity. So once I finish with the torture, its the high road in Eternal Bliss for me :)

after 10 billion years of torture. you will have gone completely mad and won't be sane enough to enjoy the bliss. As I said, this is 100,000,000 lifetimes we're talking about, not a couple of decades.

Agreed, but you would have eternity to be in the Bliss and recoop after the torture, sure it may take another 10 billion years but then you get to enjoy the bliss.

ooh, just thought of something, what is to stop you from taking bliss first and then when the torture comes, you kill yourself???

As I only have 19 otc, I find it impossible to discern between 10 billion years and eternity, so I abstain.

Vampirajay said:

ooh, just thought of something, what is to stop you from taking bliss first and then when the torture comes, you kill yourself???

Well if you lived for 10 billion years i'd say you were immortal. Which would suck. And rule.

!error

I think I would be a fool to choose the bliss and then the torture. Think about it, while 10 billion years is a long time, it is not as long as eternity. If I took bliss first and then torture, my bliss would end but I'd be in torture forever. But if I take torture first, my suffereing would eventually end and I would get to have bliss forever.

And besides, we get tortured either way, so might as well take it for the shorter period...

Even better:

Would you accept to fuck all hot chicks in the world any way you wanted to, if the only catch were that in the end you had to blow some guy's cock for five minutes?

I think I'd go with the terror, the terror wouldn't be as bad when you got something to look forward to. No matter how much they tortured me, I would still hold that idea in my head about the bliss that's coming. (millions of superhot babes, and I rule them all. MWUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA)

Well, I'd have to choose the torture first, and then the bliss. Remember one key rule of human resources management: I person will get used to anything if they are forced to. Eventually, the torture will feel dulled and not really painful. And after a while, the 10,000,000,000 years would just fly by, and them boom. Bliss.