Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DOOM - Free Update 4 Adds Arcade Mode, Classic SnapMap Modules

I've yet to see any Steam game where the leaderboards haven't been hacked. The problem is that the interface between Steam and an application is based on a DLL so it is subject to very simple MITM attacks. You can take the outgoing Steam API calls from the game and change their parameters to whatever you want before forwarding them to the client.

The canonical (read: only) way to prevent gross leaderboard hacking is to design it so you can record a demo of the player's run, upload it, and verify the run on a centralized server. This forces hackers to actually create a bot of some sort, at which point it's basically impossible to detect.

Figured it out, not cheating, just an oversight. Zero Master was right. I'll post more about it later.

Curious if the medal chain counter or whatever you'd call it gets slowed down if you hold the weapon wheel key. It does some funky stuff with BFG damage on bosses if you do.

Arcade mode is so cool and addictive! Don't remember having as much fun gaming in a long, long time.

Made it #7 on Resource Operations btw :D

More to come, more to kill! :D

Made it #3 on Resource Operations and #3 on Foundry, #6 on Argent Facility, where I made a 123 medals in a row from start to the 2nd level, through the dark room with the plant growing pods almost to the imp before the room where the first Summoner is. That brought me over 500,000 score points. Gonna try to go the whole way keeping the medals and get 150-200. Let's see how much extra score that brings. :)