Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Cacowards 2016 Nomination Thread

Damn. I thought December could become for Doom what January is for cinema.

Poop!

Watches "Norm of the North" for the sixth time.

Fonze said:

That's true kmx/40; big shoes indeed! It's more than just writing a review, it's doing research and fact checking, which eats a lot of time while writing. But we all appreciate members of the team who take time out of their lives to make this a reality every year.

Not really an issue tbh, just get more people involved. (I'm sure there's many who'd like to write reviews and do research etc. for it)

I've said for years that there's far too many deserving wads that don't get a mention at all because there's a fixed number of spots. (especially this year, given that one or two spots will go to a pair of ordinary maps purely because of who made them)

People aren't going to read comments, they just come to the page looking for good stuff to play. And all those newcomers who get directed towards the pages aren't going to dig into the comments either, as they'll be overwhelmed with the amount of stuff over the years. In other words, the more runners-up/honourable mentions/best-of-the-rest spots there are, the more of these wads will be exposed to a bigger audience.

I don't remember anybody mentioning Doug “Opulent” Merrill and Andy Olivera. Why did they won Espi award anyway?

They saved a puppy from drowning once. A really cute one! I wish I could've awarded that puppy instead...

dew said:

They saved a puppy from drowning once. A really cute one! I wish I could've awarded that puppy instead...

Surely it's not too late to put a pawprint signature on a map release that can be awarded for 2017...

Not that I would ever support forging a puppy's signature to award an illegitimate cacoward, of course. That would be ridiculous. I'm just saying.

Congrats to all the winners!

Zapzop said:

I don't remember anybody mentioning Doug “Opulent” Merrill and Andy Olivera. Why did they win Espi award anyway?

That came as a shock to me as well. But whatever the reason, they've earned it.

That's because you don't need to be nominated to win, it's just a reminder for why they deserve an award.

I'm pretty happy with this year's Cacowards. Nice to see Strange Aeons get a Runner up mention.

NOVA 3 for 2017 Cacoward? Here's to hoping!

Zapzop said:

I don't remember anybody mentioning Doug “Opulent” Merrill and Andy Olivera. Why did they won Espi award anyway?

Nobody ever said that cacowards have to be taken from the nomination thread. The cacoward staff picks whoever and whatever they want; the nomination threads are there to bring their attention to people and things that you think are cool but in the end they're perfectly free to award those who haven't been nominated.

I'm disappointed Trump Doom didn't get an honorable mention (I never believed it would take the Mockaward). It's crazy how legitimately well designed it is. I can't blame them for not wanting to touch political satire, though.

roadworx said:

well, at least it got an honorable mention.

I saw but Bloodstain got almost the same nominations as Ancient Aliens. Yes I'm disappointed

UACMN for Mockaward.

No, seriously. Better than H-Doom since it fucking sucks. I'm an anti-weeaboo and i fucking banish everyone to The Bad Castle on my house if someone loves H-Doom and faps to it. Also, don't whine on me and all that, consider me as an alpha. I don't always go butthurt and whine "OMG DIZ MOD SUKZZZ WEWEWEWEWEWE 0/5". I really don't care if you do something to me, i'm just an ordinary person that makes mods, eats food, loves caviar, is an Owl, Watches TV, Plays PS4 when i want to, Takes out the trash once a week, goes to a mini market when has money to buy coke, drinks water and all that. TL;DR'ing it is not allowed. You may consider me as an average dude that has a sense of humor. If you don't like terry wads, don't whine and just ignore. If you don't like something, Do as i say what to do: IGNORE it. I was a Go!Fag [Goanimate Fanboy] back then, and i was butthurt, however it's not related to doom and all that, but listen, Don't whine and calm the fuck down. Also, don't go berserk against me because i just like terry wads. I just understand it's humor and you guys don't. Just IGNORE. Be an like me, be like most of alpha guys, Ignore if you don't like it. Just don't go WAAAAAARRRR mode, go ahead and calm down.

Don't you dare to test me. I achieved my thick skin and i could just ignore you.

Thanks for bumping an outdated thread just to post that you like Terrywads better than a hentai mod, that was really necessary.

Terry wads are not humorous. They're annoying as hell, with their assrape crap, non winnable levels (or even fun), earrape, etc.

HDoom is a very innovative mod, like D4D, hence why I have respect for it. I've got better things to fap too then HDoom anyway.

Calm down, no one's bashing you or anything.

BTW, UACMN was released in 2008.