Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

ZeniMax threatening DoomRL [armchair lawyering ITT]

WildWeasel said:

Yes. Not only is the project now called "DRL" (or "D**mRL" depending on where you look), it's also now open-sourced and available on GitHub.

Well then.

WildWeasel said:

Yes. Not only is the project now called "DRL" (or "D**mRL" depending on where you look), it's also now open-sourced and available on GitHub

He should have gone with "The project formerly known as DoomRL" ;-)

WildWeasel said:

Yes. Not only is the project now called "DRL" (or "D**mRL" depending on where you look), it's also now open-sourced and available on GitHub.

That's great news. I was worried that being closed source it was at risk of disappearing, this will make it much hardier.

I am extremely pissed about this, on one hand they compliment brutal doom 64, which is derived from copyrighted assets and is distributed as freeware. But they go after a old fan project that has been the hard work with fully orignal asset but use a few trademarked things. and then they c&d them. I wish Carmack would have never sold ID all those years ago.

demo_the_man said:

I am extremely pissed about this, on one hand they compliment brutal doom 64, which is derived from copyrighted assets and is distributed as freeware. But they go after a old fan project that has been the hard work with fully orignal asset but use a few trademarked things. and then they c&d them. I wish Carmack would have never sold ID all those years ago.

This wasn't a cease and desist.

demo_the_man said:

and then they c&d them.

No they didn't.

Edit: Heh wildweasel 2fast5me

demo_the_man said:

with fully orignal asset

The assets are not original, the monsters designs (etc) are straight from DOOM, and some from Quake too.