Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xit-vono

tnt map03 on nightmare uploaded at compet-n

I have uploaded my demo of completing tnt map03 on nightmare skill. This is the first time that has been done. If you didn't know the compet-n site is at http://www.hszk.bme.hu/~ha211/compet-n/

I would assume so. Nobody currently has the compet-n record for that, and I assume that if someone else did it they would upload it at compet-n.

Hmm. I'd think someone would have accomplished that by now.

it's a difficult level, because you can't kill all the monsters in the large open area. Fortunately, as you can see in my demo, it is possible to run through with invisibility and not take much damage from the humans. I would say it was the easiest of the uncompleted levels(2,3,8,9,21,32)

it's a difficult level, because you can't kill all the monsters in the large open area. Fortunately, as you can see in my demo, it is possible to run through with invisibility and not take much damage from the humans. I would say it was the easiest of the uncompleted levels(2,3,8,9,21,32)

I might take one on sometime....

Not bad? That's like saying "Macintosh Sucks" or "Ford = Found On Road Dead / Fixed Or Repaired Daily"... it's just such... such an understatement... =)

I've just uploaded it.
The reason is that it's NightMare eh... give it a try and see for yourself.
It's definitely possible to improve it. Go, do it :)

I've just uploaded it.
The reason is that it's NightMare eh... give it a try and see for yourself.
It's definitely possible to improve it. Go, do it :)

I would like to tell you that the original demo (2:22) is great. This map is harder than it looks like... trust me. Doing it for the first time is an excellent job, and Xit Vono has good capabilities in speedrunning for sure.
Way to go man.
Get running :)

What about TNT/Plutonia movies or Heretic movies? What I'd REALLY like to see are hub-long Hexen movies... mmm... yeah. Of course I can't contribute to the cause... I suck at speedrunning. Its this trackball you see (vainly searches for another excuse)... um... its Dashiva's fault.

I don't want to talk on this thread all day. But I gotta mention that movies of TNT are quite hard :) To say the least. I really would like to see somebody completing it on NightMare, but most people think it's impossible. If anybody can prove us wrong, please do it :) From my experiences people don't really know what it takes to survive and keep your concentration on multiple levels. You should ask the D2S guys about this :)
And the old "I did it but didn't record it" phrase always makes me smile...

I might take one on sometime....

Heh, that's what I said. Then I tried to pass Map01 :)

I suck at speedrunning...mostly because I keep staring at the textures...and because I used to stole the projectors.

Well, I am working on tnt level 32 nightmare skill. When I am done with that I will probably try levels 11-20 on nightmare. Then maybe I'll try level 21 and then levels 21-30. I think a tnt nightmare movie would be hard, because level 2 hasn't even been done. Also, it would get difficult at levels 8 and 9, but if anyone can do 1-7 that would be really cool. Levels 8 and 9 haven't even been done with TAS. My best attempt at level 32 leads to the very last room, and if anyone wants to see it they can e-mail it to me, or they can wait for me to do it for real.

wish i had final doom, so i could watch that run. Hopefully the new collectors edition will contain it :)

As for a nightmare movie of plutonia\tnt... of course it can be done. You just have to like.. improve your record on every map on nm about 10 times, then start trying the entire thing. It should be a lot of work tho ;)