Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kinsie

Re: WinXP

Just a few questions since I just installed it...

1. My cable internet seems to have slowed down to Modem speed. How to fix this?

2. Any way to run Duke3d in WinXP? (I know it's an old question, but...)

Trasher][, I suggest reinstalling so that your machine starts up with a double-boot prompt between Win98 and WinXP, so that when you feel like playing duke3d (or any other DOS game) You boot up Win98. I think you have to install Win98 1st and then WinXP. I Don't know the exact how-to details though, but other people might.

You can get Duke3D to run in WinXP. I think...brb...

I did. You have to turn all sound off, have it running in 320x200 mode, and run it from the command prompt. Damm.

I don't care what about the Duke/Doom wars of 6 years ago. Even though Doom far outsurvived Duke, Duke's a darn good game.

well u can run Duke3d in XP with some trickness and crashes. also XP only has 8-bit soundblaster support(what in the holy fuck is up with that shit!!!)
set up a small DOS partition, like 500MB-2GB or more, and install DOS on that. find a boot loader that is good and problem solved. however if u have a new computer good luck getting drivers. also for PCI hardware you may need plug 'n play drivers too( depends on main board) however with new main boards i have not run into this problem

AndrewB said:

I don't care what about the Duke/Doom wars of 6 years ago. Even though Doom far outsurvived Duke, Duke's a darn good game.

Eh? From what I remember it was the Quake/Duke wars.

Lord FlatHead said:

It's about bloody time 3DRealms released the Duke3D source code and someone got to work on ZDuke =)

Someone's using trial and error to create glDuke. It's not all that good. 3DR is being plain stubborn regarding the source to Duke3d, although the source to the base BUILD engine is available.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

You can get Duke3D to run in WinXP. I think...brb...

I did. You have to turn all sound off, have it running in 320x200 mode, and run it from the command prompt. Damm.

you are teh winnar

but seriously, WinXP + 16-bit games + sound = 5fps