Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparky

Feature Alert !!

how about you let him concentrate on doing all the stuff that ZDoom does first. there's still a few things that need to be worked out before he gets a 1.0 out. then you can bug him about features, k?

digit@l_pimp said:

how about you let him concentrate on doing all the stuff that ZDoom does first. there's still a few things that need to be worked out before he gets a 1.0 out. then you can bug him about features, k?

Plus, I have a list of things to work on after full ZDoom compatibilty...

- dynamic lights
- md2 models
- environment mapping for walls/flats
- etc, etc :)

Just out of curiousity, what would people think of a Duke3D style automap? I always loved it and am considering doing something similar.

timmie said:
Just out of curiousity, what would people think of a Duke3D style automap? I always loved it and am considering doing something similar.

You mean with textured? Heh yeah I was thinking of somthing like that would be a great Idea.

yaa i like too

and wouldnt you get to be able to "fully" look up and down ??
and how about ducking :) you cant have an fps game with out ducking :)

Ducking wouldn't be such a good idea for doom. And for starters, who's gonna make the marine ducking sprites for those who don't like md2s?

Yes, you can 'fully' look up and down.

A textured style Duke map would be very nice. I was just thinking it would look good the other day.

ZdoomGL will support all the Zdoom 2 features, so external mp3s are already part of the deal.

Well, one feature i'd live to have is for zdoomgl to a) use the same model packs as Jdoom and B) support the scripting for models and shit like they have (i.e. the ded files they have for models and shit)

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

Well, one feature i'd live to have is for zdoomgl to a) use the same model packs as Jdoom and B) support the scripting for models and shit like they have (i.e. the ded files they have for models and shit)

Hmm, I'll definitely take a look at that stuff...