Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pilottobombadier

Lock and Load V3.0 Final Weapons Release is finally done!

Sweet!

/me runs off to download before the crowd gets here.

EDIT: You need to update the downloads page ;)

"I have nothing here a the moment, but that should change very shortly. "

ravage said:

Dude; Duuuudddddeeee-

You are the unofficial bossman of the DDF

Actually, some of the more unique stuff (projectiles that fly through critters) can be done with dehacked. Although the bouncing requires a source port. Anyway, a lot of the suggestions I got came from Darkstorm, and the fly-through projectile info came from him to me.

Lobo said:

Sweet!

/me runs off to download before the crowd gets here.

EDIT: You need to update the downloads page ;)

"I have nothing here a the moment, but that should change very shortly. "

I believe that's the screenshots page. The downloads page has all of my projects ready for download. Don't worry the graphics are DEFINITELY not an eyesore. I used very choice graphics for this one.

You haven't got my point!

I have downloaded the zip, and your downloads page has things to download.

The quote in my original post is what you say on your downloads page!! :)

pilottobombadier said:

Actually, some of the more unique stuff (projectiles that fly through critters) can be done with dehacked. Although the bouncing requires a source port. Anyway, a lot of the suggestions I got came from Darkstorm, and the fly-through projectile info came from him to me.

Hmm, speaking of DarkStorm, he still needs to fix my sword ddf file. Wonder where he's at? He was giving me the current status of the progress, but now he hasn't said anything yet? Is he busy working on another mod? If so, maybe I should be more patient and worry about other things...

Back to the topic though, the mod sounds cool, maybe I'll download some time.

What's the error? If you have something to complain about, you should do so in detail so I can actually help you. I have had no such crashes. if you're being defiant and using EDGE 1.27, that's the reason. If it has to do with edge.scr, open the EDGE 1.24 zipfile, and then open the ddf zipfile, EXTRACT edge.scr into the directory that Lock and Load is in, and then play way. edge.scr MUST be in the same bloody directory, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE USING A MOD.

Okay, I installed Edge1.24 and extracted the ddf files into the same directory, Edge works fine. Then I downloaded Lock 'n' Load v3.0 into the Edge directory and upon starting I get the following error..R.Project Sprite Invalid sprite frame from SOCM:A..any ideas?

I didn't get any errors and it runs fine for me.

Here's what I did:
1. Unzip edge1_24-win32.zip
2. Copy doom2.wad to this directory.
3. Extract RSCRIPT from edge.wad and call the extracted file EDGE.SCR
4. Using ESL, load up LOCKED3.WAD (and EDGE.WAD just in case)

Nice job pilottobombadier!

I got both the errors coldfusio got, once. I'm not sure what happened. Everything was in its correct place. BTW I was using Lobo's ESP

I mean ESL,srry

magikal said:

Okay, I installed Edge1.24 and extracted the ddf files into the same directory, Edge works fine. Then I downloaded Lock 'n' Load v3.0 into the Edge directory and upon starting I get the following error..R.Project Sprite Invalid sprite frame from SOCM:A..any ideas?

Did you overwrite all of the ddfs? Next question, did you load the wad?

Sometimes it's a matter of fucking up the command flag. all you need to do is accidently omit the dash with the -file command, and that's it, the wad won't be loaded, or worse, something I tend to do, is put a dash with the wad filename. Whoops.

Coldfusio said:

When using locked2 I got this error, taken from debug file
MAP01
DrawPSprite: invalid sprite frame 23 : 0

Were you using the railgun, autocannon, or anti-tank rifle at the time? The "railgun" effect causes a bug which causes the game to crash, but I've only gotten it using the actual railgun. The autocannon and anti-tank rifle however don't do enough damage to go through critters, I guess the radius is too small. I'll be doing fixes on this version though from time to time, to tweak what I want to tweak. Balance does matter, as you can tell from the starting weapons (decent damage potential, but their median damage blows, so it's actually only about as powerful as the Doom pistol more oft than not), so I'll try to maintain that as best as possible.

I've actually just released a fix (it's uploading right now) that addresses a few minor things, one of them a bug, the rest are pickup tweaks.

I may release another shortly in a couple days, so I think I'll resist the temptation to upload the fixes to ftp.cdrom.com until everything's perfect. It sure as fuck saves ME a lot of time.

pilottobombadier said:

What's the error? If you have something to complain about, you should do so in detail so I can actually help you. I have had no such crashes. if you're being defiant and using EDGE 1.27, that's the reason. If it has to do with edge.scr, open the EDGE 1.24 zipfile, and then open the ddf zipfile, EXTRACT edge.scr into the directory that Lock and Load is in, and then play way. edge.scr MUST be in the same bloody directory, WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE USING A MOD.

It says something about some shadow colormap.

Well, I'm afraid I can't help you then. Whatever you're doing man, you're doing it wrong.

Okay, bad news on the fix. Geocities' bandwidth has slowed to a crawl today and my ISP has been giving me a lot of grief, SO, I will make a few more tweaks and then upload the "tweaked" version tomorrow or Monday.

Hi, it was on startup so no I couldn't see which weapon was loaded but I'll dl it tomorrow. ( got to prepare for some roleplaying tonight)

Lizardcommando said:

Hmm, speaking of DarkStorm, he still needs to fix my sword ddf file. Wonder where he's at? He was giving me the current status of the progress, but now he hasn't said anything yet? Is he busy working on another mod? If so, maybe I should be more patient and worry about other things...

if you have AIM, contact me: deathz0r

i could fix whatever problem it is within 5 minutes. heh, he used to ask me all the time to do stuff, but i was already occupied by my own EDGE projects.