Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Christmas Doom Compilation! (Vanilla Compat)

TITLEPIC.PNG

This is a huge compilation of Christmas related assets from various wads, with some edits done by myself to give it all a more cohesive feel. Textures, flats and sprites are heavily modified to have approximately 90% more Christmas spirit, even the random little decorations have all been altered. Totally vanilla compatible and works with any mapset, and even comes with an optional pack of Christmas MIDIs!
Designed for use with Doom2 and Final Doom.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/xmas/doomxmas

Have fun!

dxmas.png

Spoiler

Assets compiled from the following wads:
h2h-xmas.wad xmas.wad xmas_gfx.wad qnb_doom2toice.wad qnb_doom2toxmasb2.wad xmasfgx.wad xmassf.wad xmasdm2.wad xmasadon.wad xd1.wad

Additional credits to:
UberGewei, Joe Wilcox, V. Andre Lowe, Mark Gundy, Jeff Lockhart, [QnB]Ronald, ByteBrothers, Mallo

Edited by Doomkid

Neat stuff, I'll be streaming with this until 2017.

All this compilation really needs is some warm, furry and cozy gloves for doomguy, I can't imagine holding ice cold steel on winter without those.

Memfis said:

Do I smell a quick 2 week community project?

I don't have the time to really run one, but I'd do my best to bang out a map before Christmas!

Holy Frozen Hell (literally!), this is godlike!

This is what the community needed for Christmas.

Thank you very very much!

(also I hope you'll upload it to /idgames)

the texture-pack especially is pretty nice, since it's pretty consistently designed and has a good moody look to it. i guess i'd only wish for the Doom 1 and Final Doom textures to be modified as well, but it's still pretty excellent work and definitely something i'm adding to my own personal Xmas compilation!

Thank you both for the kind comments, I just want to let you know that many of the textures were made by the QnB guys, but I agree that they're very well done and just had to put them together/modify some of them to transition more seamlessly. This is essentially the 6 best xmas-themed wads all jammed together, but it will be on /idgames soon!

This is awesome! Especially if you run it with H2H-Xmas or 32in23-14. I'm gonna load up this mod with my regular DooMing experience every Christmas as a new tradition!

Actually this reminds me of the secret Christmas mode from Tyrian. More games should have Christmas modes!

Merry Christmas everyone. And if you don't celebrate Christmas, then have a great Sunday!

Thank you! I'm glad to hear it will be part of your yearly Christmas time Doomin :)

@joe, I'm going to make a wad that just has the Santa mug shot to go with this for my server clusters next year, but I'll link it soon as I get back home