Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Doom - Bloodfall now available

They mixed all team based modes together and FFA modes together, giving you less chances to play your favorite modes, Nice....

YO! Lateral thrusts looks like you could have a lot of fun with, and that grenade launcher looks really good. Being able to play as a spectre is a dream come true for me. Can't wait to get it.

I started trying out multiplayer for the first time in a while. It seems like every time there's a big update they redesign the entire interface for the menu. I still get demolished and it seems like I can't find a groove to fit into. I think I managed to get two kills overall. One of them I died at the same time, so, yeah. I dislike multiplayer games and especially playing with super experienced players because it's hard to break into it easily. I'm good at single player, but there's just something different about the human element that is absolutely overwhelming when you first get your feet wet in it. In every game.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

They mixed all team based modes together and FFA modes together, giving you less chances to play your favorite modes, Nice....

Well it's to be expected when the multiplayer isn't that popular :/

I'm most excited about the lateral thrusters. To be honest though, something like that should be standard for the multiplayer, since it would add some skill depth.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

DOOM has a ton of modes, so that spreads the community thin unless the community is titanic in size like COD. A game like DOOM either needs to have a modest number of modes or it needs to group them together.

The good thing is that DOOM gives the lobby two choices for the next match and allows you to vote, and in my experience the more interesting map/mode is usually voted for.

With all that said, I think id Software have probably learned not to have so many modes in the sequel. They should stick to the most popular modes.

The decision of mixing modes together mad a lot of people angry, Mainly because they can no longer play ... TDM, and wow turns out Freezetag is the most hated by most of the current MP players.

What a TERRIBLE idea to mix the modes! I want to play deathmatch and deathmatch only. The other modes simply aren't fun. So now I lost my fav online game sort of.. :(

That bonezone map is some gnarlygross shit, and it's a real shame we never saw anything that fucked in the main game. Also whoooa that floating Zeal Kingdom castle thing in the earthlike setting is honestly really beautiful. I've noticed that the red vines are a common theme of these kind of temple maps, so I'm wondering if they're maybe set in the Argent D'nur dimension or something.

Jaxxoon R said:

That bonezone map is some gnarlygross shit, and it's a real shame we never saw anything that fucked in the main game. Also whoooa that floating Zeal Kingdom castle thing in the earthlike setting is honestly really beautiful. I've noticed that the red vines are a common theme of these kind of temple maps, so I'm wondering if they're maybe set in the Argent D'nur dimension or something.

Bingo

As far as I know, this is the final DLC, so I guess there will be no other updates for Snapmap either? Or am I wrong on this?

watstha said:

As far as I know, this is the final DLC, so I guess there will be no other updates for Snapmap either? Or am I wrong on this?

Before they even released the game, they planned to make three multiplayer DLCs. This is the last of these three preplanned multiplayer DLCs. Is it the last DLC for Doom 2016 altogether? Who knows, perhaps it is, perhaps not. Wait and see I guess.

Design of new maps is mindblowing. As usual. Much better than design of most single player stuff, for sure.

Lateral thrusters must be added by default. IMHO.

NoisM said:

Design of new maps is mindblowing. As usual. Much better than design of most single player stuff, for sure.

Lateral thrusters must be added by default. IMHO.

I really have to agree. The new hell maps (from all DLC) close the stylistic void that was a bit present in SP Hell.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I find it funny that some people are saying they copied agony with that new map.

I noticed the similarity too but copying?

Haven't seen any of these ppl btw.

I've been playing on couple of lobbies and i got lucky to play the DLC maps, and noticed bunch of people pop out from time to time saying things like They copied Agony ... etc

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I've been playing on couple of lobbies and i got lucky to play the DLC maps, and noticed bunch of people pop out from time to time saying things like They copied Agony ... etc

And? Do they mean this in a good or bad way?

I really hope they make snapmap tiles in theme of the dlc maps and hopefully they arn't just done with the game having just finished the last paid dlc. :(