Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackgoblinmagic

Bloodfall map Empyrian - Argent d'nur pre hell architecture???

U think that might be the case?

If u can zoom the first photo (or actually play the map) that is clearly Night sentinel statue.
The map might be concept of Night sentinels pre-hell world or at least the architecture of it...clearly futuristic.

large

That sort of Warhammer-like techy cathedral architecture is precisely what the Hell levels in the singleplayer would've needed to get some diversity.

Those cultist armors look really great.
A sequel that is actually a prequel set in that medieval meets futuristic sci fi would be great (no matter how similar it would be to Quake)

Because he's monarch to the kingdom of the dead. Infamous butcher, Angel of Deeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaath! :D

NoisM said:

Because he's monarch to the kingdom of the dead.

Why? Just because there is a Sentinel statue?

massivefanofdoom said:

Looks like more fit in a quake game than a doom game, would still welcome it but just a personal opinion

Yep. They remind me of some of the maps from Arcane Dimensions.

Visually gives me a "Diablo 3 meets Warframe" vibe. I should definitely find the time to load Doom'16 back up and see what wonders await me.

igg said:

Why?

Well, demons are basically the polar opposite of angels. In the Christian faith, they're angels that revolted against God and sided with Lucifer. Since the Doom Slayer is the destroyer of demons, Angel of Death sounds about right.

MetroidJunkie said:

Well, demons are basically the polar opposite of angels. In the Christian faith, they're angels that revolted against God and sided with Lucifer. Since the Doom Slayer is the destroyer of demons, Angel of Death sounds about right.

To be fair, it doesn't look very "Christian". It's too militaristic, which is not very Christian, which puts emphasis on pacifism. Looks more like something you'd find in Limbo.

Maybe the souls that end up in the first circle of Hell (Limbo) are sent at the front lines to guard Heaven as penance. Dante describes it as the place where virtuous pagans (like greek philosophers and the such) are sent. A pleasant but gloomy place, which seems to fit what we see. Maybe the Doomguy is the soul of a virtuous pagan warrior.

DooM_RO said:

To be fair, it doesn't look very "Christian". It's too militaristic, which is not very Christian, which puts emphasis on pacifism. Looks more like something you'd find in Limbo.

Well, Christianity emphasizes pacifism regarding people. There's mention of spiritual warfare multiple times and that Christ will come back with a sword.

AtimZarr said:

I got a "Heaven" vibe from the map, especially with the clouds and lighting at play.

i agree.This map is obviously very stong contrast compared to others.There was always very dark ambient/theme to all of them so far and now...this.So it just happens that this is the only "bright" map and just so happens it has Night sentinels statue in it...it just begs for questions imo.U can call it "just a night sentinel statue" but thats very interesting to me.

And even more so...if a race would escalate to "the great ascension" to me personaly it would look very similar to this map.

Not Christian, but Abrahamic, or at the least Semitic, is still certainly possible. The Jewish Yahweh / Arabic Allah is derived from an aspect of the ancient Semitic chief god, El, ’El gibbōr, meaning quite literally "Warrior God". Hence the wars in Heaven, angels with the spinning flaming sword outside Eden, carrying of the Ark of the Covenant into battle, and God himself supposedly appearing in full armor during one conflict to lead the Hebrews.

So *if* it's intended that this was an angelic culture and not a human one, then it still makes perfect sense in the context of this religious backdrop. I'm not convinced personally though. These still could have just been "elevated" humans with advanced understanding of the occult.

Quasar said:

Not Christian, but Abrahamic, or at the least Semitic, is still certainly possible. The Jewish Yahweh / Arabic Allah is derived from an aspect of the ancient Semitic chief god, El, ’El gibbōr, meaning quite literally "Warrior God". Hence the wars in Heaven, angels with the spinning flaming sword outside Eden, carrying of the Ark of the Covenant into battle, and God himself supposedly appearing in full armor during one conflict to lead the Hebrews.

So *if* it's intended that this was an angelic culture and not a human one, then it still makes perfect sense in the context of this religious backdrop. I'm not convinced personally though. These still could have just been "elevated" humans with advanced understanding of the occult.

True, maybe the Doom afterlife is a combination of Abrahamic religions. There was a reference to Dakhma, the Towers of Silence from Zoroastrianism, which had a pretty big impact on Christianity.

It would be really cool to see an Islamic section of Hell.

igg, because song "Angel Of Death" by Slayer - Slayer, Doomslayer, you know. That's was a joke! Sorry. :D

I'm gonna take a wild guess that in the end 'Hell' isn't 'Hell.' That's just what they called this planet/dimension they discovered. And I hope so too. Using Abrahamic religion connections is just meh.

No, that's boring, The hell is doom is hell. That's what makes the game satisfying. You're not exterminating an alien planet, you're killing the bad guys

So when does Jesus show up, so you can toss him a weapon, find da Devil and kick that meany right in da butt?

I don't need a reason the kill anything in a game other than things are trying to kill me. I'm not playing Doom thinking yeah man, I'm gonna kill demons, cuz they're bad, cuz I'm on team Jesus, man. Pfff.

Sig said:

I'm gonna take a wild guess that in the end 'Hell' isn't 'Hell.' That's just what they called this planet/dimension they discovered.

I think we had this argument already in another thread ;-). I really disagree with you here. Dooms hell is hell and not just a dimension. Otherwise it would be Quake (1). Of course they might try a crossover but I really wouldn't expect that. I think one of the Slayers testaments mentioned Slayer was sent to hell on judgement day and started killing the ones who betrayed him. That's a strong hint towards hell, heaven, judgement day and last but not least Satan himself who is and has always been the betrayer.

nah man fuck jesus and that shit...this is much more darker and shurly not biblical.
Maybe the art team are "kind of" inspired ...maybe... but obviously has nothing to do ACTUALLY with eny of the world religions...cmon im shur id can come up with better story then that.

Night sentinels are advanced but not angelic.It just happens to be clear sky there but besides that map is still very dark architectualy and ambient wise.

im 100% that this map is Night sentinel/agrent d'nur past inspired, there s also a wall mural of warriors, could not get good look at it.And when u take the long jump up there is window mosaik of entity that looks like Wraith.

Sig is the only one trying to bring Jesus into it. As I said before it doesn't necessarily have shit to do with Christianity, just because it may still reference concepts from Semitic religions.

Quasar said:

Sig is the only one trying to bring Jesus into it.

I don't think he tries to do so. He is just making fun of the Hell is Hell idea ;-).

Sticking to biblical hell doesn't necessarily include God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

Doomslayer is not a "good" character from a biblical view:
- He didn't make it through Armageddon. Although it is not stated why this indicates he was not a good individual.
- He is full of hate, not full of love.
- He travels time and dimensions for slaughtering.
- He uses black magic (eg Praetor suit)

Although the story line hints he got support from a Seraphim I still consider him as an anti heroe due to the reasons mentioned above.