Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Bloody Rust 2: Released!

Still working on it, progress has been slow but will pick up soon:

Nothing in these shots, especially light or textures, are final but geometry.

Jaws In Space said:

Since it's the end of the month I guess it's a good time for a progress check. nxGangrel, Flesh420, Fisk, & U.O.D. you all have shown progress of have expressed interest in making maps for this project, how are things progressing for you guys anything to report?

Sorry, I've been away from Doomworld for a little bit because of work and other projects.
The level I've been working on is going slowly but surely as usual. I've only been working on the layout and messing with ways to make the level interesting. Dunno how long it will take to finish.

Jaws In Space said:

DAZZER, I'm not exactly sure from your last comment, but were you intending to fix the bugs in your map, or did you want me to take care of them?

Can you pls tell me again what exactly I should fix and is there an Deadline for submissions or changes ? :) cause I think I will add some stuff to my Map... some screenshots in this Thread inspired me for some stuff (If i have enough time)

DAZZER said:

Can you pls tell me again what exactly I should fix and is there an Deadline for submissions or changes ? :) cause I think I will add some stuff to my Map... some screenshots in this Thread inspired me for some stuff (If i have enough time)

I thought the map could use a bit more health & there were missing textures in a few of the outside areas.

Thanks for the responses guys, no real deadline yet so take your time if you need to.

Progress: You asking for an update sprung enough motivation to finish this greasy bastard off.
All is done other than minor texturing. Gameplay is about 85% complete, remaining still are difficulties and coop/dm and tweaks. Another week or two and my map should be 100%.

Flesh420 said:

Map ready for testing: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07567376784991093584

Difficulties aren't implemented yet because I want feedback on the current 'baseline.'

Nice map, lots of fun. I don't have too much to say about this one, game play was enjoyable & not too tough, health was sparse, but I assume that this is UV only so that's okay. The layout was nice & nonlinear. The only thing I have to complain about is that it was hard to distinguish what was a door & what wasn't, so I ended up walking up to a bunch of walls to try and open them, also I felt the STAR textures didn't really fit with the overall theme of the map. Other than that good job. Oh also the lava with the berserk pack wasn't damaging.

Yay another screwed up video from me! because Open Broadcaster suddenly decided to not work with Zandronum.

Jaws In Space said:

Nice map, lots of fun. I don't have too much to say about this one, game play was enjoyable & not too tough, health was sparse, but I assume that this is UV only so that's okay. The layout was nice & nonlinear. The only thing I have to complain about is that it was hard to distinguish what was a door & what wasn't, so I ended up walking up to a bunch of walls to try and open them, also I felt the STAR textures didn't really fit with the overall theme of the map. Other than that good job. Oh also the lava with the berserk pack wasn't damaging.

Yay another screwed up video from me! because Open Broadcaster suddenly decided to not work with Zandronum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91KyZ5W6Nsa

Thanks for the good note and it was fun watching the video. You think I should replace the STAR textures?

Flesh420 said:

Thanks for the good note and it was fun watching the video. You think I should replace the STAR textures?

Yes I think that MODWALL or SLADWALL would fit better with the texturing of the rest of the map.

Well with 6 maps so far I think its time for the first build of Bloody Rust 2. This includes all 6 maps, all the music, some par times, map names for the automap screen, & the correct sky.

Here it is!

Hey Jaws, MAP02 doesn't seem to have been tested outside of ZDoom. There are a bunch of 0-tagged doors which make progress impossible in PRBoom+.

Thanks guys, I am aware of several issues with map 2, I believe that DAZZER is working on an update right now. Whatever that he may not fix I will be addressing myself before the wad is released.

Here's a quick Bloody Rust 2 (Title) I kicked together after breakfast this morning. These don't take at all long to make, so if you're vying for something different just bat it straight back, no worries. I'm assuming the current title pic is permenant. It looks like a creepy shrine, so I doubled down on some instruments familiar to the other tracks and went for a spooky hum. Kinda Doom 2-like; nothing fancy.

Alfonzo said:

I'm assuming the current title pic is permenant.

Actually I was hoping for a new titlepic, but I would need someone to make one. The current one is just a holdover from the first Bloody Rust.

Music's on track: I'll be uploading some more material in a few days. Obsidian did himself a mischief with RoP a couple of years ago selecting a MIDI that wasn't part of the OST, so I'm doubling down to make sure he doesn't get away with it, here!

I'll sign on, but don't expect me to do anything for a while. Right now, I'm doing TNT: Resistance.

Alfonzo said:

Music's on track: I'll be uploading some more material in a few days. Obsidian did himself a mischief with RoP a couple of years ago selecting a MIDI that wasn't part of the OST, so I'm doubling down to make sure he doesn't get away with it, here!

Cool! Can't wait to hear it.

Sayok6 said:

I'll sign on, but don't expect me to do anything for a while. Right now, I'm doing TNT: Resistance.

Okay. And with that I'm going to close off submissions for now. I'll be sending some PM's to a few people listed in the OP to see if they are actually mapping for this project though, so new slots may have the possibility of opening back up.

Valkiriforce made the title pic below for another one of my projects, I just reworked it a bit. This one has the same idea as the title pic from the first Bloody Rust so I think it will work fine for us here.

Hey Jaws, I'm going to have to out from the project. I don't have the time at the moment to work on the level. I haven't made any progress on the level I was working on, and I don't want ya'll to wait on me.

nxGangrel said:

Hey Jaws, I'm going to have to out from the project. I don't have the time at the moment to work on the level. I haven't made any progress on the level I was working on, and I don't want ya'll to wait on me.

Oh I see.

Well since you were part of the first Bloody Rust you were really the only reason that I was keeping map slots open. Since you are dropping out I'm going to close the project to all submissions as of right now.

nxGangrel, Obsidian, & NeedHealth if you want to hold onto your maps for a few months this series will be continuing with a Bloody Rust 3 sometime later this year. The texture pack will have all the current textures, plus a few new ones. There will be a different set of dehacked monsters though.