Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davester2296

DAR's DOOM Marathon (Music Mod) [Updated: 07/03/22]

Downloads:

Spoiler

DOOM 1 & 2 all-in-one (Special thanks to Glaice for uploading to /idgames/)

DAR's DOOM 1 Marathon

DAR's DOOM II Marathon

DAR's TNT Evilution Marathon 

DAR's D64D2 Marathon *NEW

Plutonia MIDI Pack Marathon (CURRENT)

FreeDoom I & II (planned)

Back to Saturn X (planned)

TNT Revilution (planned)
Wolfenstein 3D (planned)

MP3 PACKS Download *UPDATED

Original Post from July, 2016:

Spoiler

Hi everyone, this is my first project here! So, originally this project started because I wanted to make some Doom covers in anticipation for the new Doom. At first, I had only really intended to make maybe 10 Doom covers. Next thing I know, I've set off on this project to recreate the soundtracks of Doom and Doom II!

I want to try and faithfully recreate the soundtracks, but also make some additions, and put my own spin on things! Below is an example, my cover of "Into Sandy's City"

Check here for playlists of my completed Doom Marathons:

This project had started years ago as just a small and simple little recreation of the original Doom soundtracks. In the time since, I'm happy to say that the scope of things has become much broader to also include the many wonderful and beautiful soundtracks created by the talented composers in this very community!

I try my best to stay faithful to the originals, while at the same time, trying to impart a little something extra and special. You can find samplings of my work in the spoilered playlist up above. These music packs/WADs should also work fine under any sourceport that supports the .OGG Vorbis format. Anyhow, hope you all enjoy rippin' and tearin' to my renditions of these great tunes! ~DAR

Edited by Davester2296 : adding a new release to the project (D64D2)

Certainly a worthy first post! Into Sandy's City is up there with some of my fav Doom music! :D Welcome!!

This is way cool! It sounds good by itself already, but the video overlays really take it a step further to demonstrate a bit of the craft involved :)

One critique, the bell synth around 2:20 sounds a little odd to me.

Finally a good cover of Into Sandy's City. Looking forward to the completion of all of Doom's music. Think you might do TNT's unique tracks too?

esselfortium said:

This is way cool! It sounds good by itself already, but the video overlays really take it a step further to demonstrate a bit of the craft involved :)

The bell synth around 2:20 sounds a little odd to me.

Thanks! Also I think the subtle harpsichord is what makes the bell synth sound a little odd at 2:20

Nevander said:

Finally a good cover of Into Sandy's City. Looking forward to the completion of all of Doom's music. Think you might do TNT's unique tracks too?

I definitely plan to do the tracks from TNT! I'll probably take on that 'marathon' after I finish up with the DOOM II Marathon.

Very nice. I'm a drummer, and a bit of a guitar player, and the Doom tracks are just so much fun to jam along to. Keep it up!

You should e-mail the /idgames/ maintainers (check bold red sticky) so you can let them know you're uploading a file larger than 50 MB, because this definitely deserves a permanent hosting location.

Also, do you have an archive containing the Doom 1 tracks somewhere?

Glaice said:

Are the tracks in OGG format inside the WAD file?

Yep, mostly 128kbps bitrate .ogg files, and a few tracks with a 160kpbs bitrate.

Sick Bow said:

Very nice. I'm a drummer, and a bit of a guitar player, and the Doom tracks are just so much fun to jam along to. Keep it up!

You said it man, the soundtracks really are a blast to jam out to =)!

Glaice said:

You should e-mail the /idgames/ maintainers (check bold red sticky) so you can let them know you're uploading a file larger than 50 MB, because this definitely deserves a permanent hosting location.

Also, do you have an archive containing the Doom 1 tracks somewhere?

Thanks, I'll be sure to try contacting them soon! I've also added a link for the MP3 (320kbps) packs in the first post.

Man oh man! Loving these covers!

Believe it or not, my favorite one is In the Dark. You successfully managed to transform what I believe to be one of the more boring original tracks into something totally new. The personal touches really add to the overall song in a really good way. The same goes for Adrian's Asleep.

Can't wait to see what you do for TNT!

Davester2296 said:

Yep, mostly 128kbps bitrate .ogg files, and a few tracks with a 160kpbs bitrate.
You said it man, the soundtracks really are a blast to jam out to =)!
Thanks, I'll be sure to try contacting them soon! I've also added a link for the MP3 (320kbps) packs in the first post.

If you want, I could help upload it if you fill out the text file for the TXT generator and copypaste the results and send via PM.

You should update the original post on top so folks don't need to go to my post for the /idgames/ link.

Glaice said:

You should update the original post on top so folks don't need to go to my post for the /idgames/ link.

I've already updated it actually. I changed the link for the "DOOM 1 & 2 all-in-one" pack to point to the /idgames/ location.

Hello everyone, it's certainly been quite a while, but I've finally finished up my music pack for TNT: Evilution! I've updated the OP with links to the wad as well as the playlist for the TNT Marathon.

Hello all, its been a VERY long while since I last updated this thread! I come bearing a bump of good news though: I've now completed my music pack for Doom 64 for Doom II (D64D2). I've updated the OP and have included a link to download the music WAD/pack.

Also, for those curious, I'm planning to also complete the rest of my Plutonia MIDI Pack marathon as well. Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy rippin' and tearin' to my renditions of D64D2's wonderful soundtrack =).

Hey man, I made an account for this forum just to be able to send you a message.  This work you've done is really amazing.  You -- and your collaborators -- have given us DOOM fans a real gift w/ these tracks, thank you.  I wish you all the best in your professional and private life.  I was blown away when I rechecked this page and found you had just pushed another disk, and it might be your best work yet (TNT was really awesome).

For what it's worth, here is my "best of" selection that I've been listening to non-stop:

DOOM Marathon - 01 - Text Screen (DOOM TNT).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 02 - The Dark Halls (DOOM).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 03 - Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names) (DOOM).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 04 - Donna to the Rescue (DOOM).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 05 - The Dave D. Taylor Blues (DOOM 2).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 06 - Bye Bye American Pie (DOOM 2).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 07 - Smells Like Burning Corpse (DOOM TNT).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 08 - Death\s Bells (DOOM TNT).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 09 - Into the Beast\s Belly (DOOM TNT).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 10 - Horizon (DOOM TNT).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 11 - On The Edge (DOOM 64).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 12 - The Dark City (DOOM 64).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 13 - Painful Dreams (DOOM 64).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 14 - Lurking (DOOM 64).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 15 - Inappropriate Behavior (DOOM 64).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 16 - Watch Your Rock (DOOM 64).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 17 - A Lot to Learn (DOOM 64).mp3
DOOM Marathon - 18 - First Departure (Intermission) (DOOM 64).mp3

Download Link

Keep it up and I look forward to hearing your new stuff in a few years.

Edited by Will Scarlet