Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL

A cool scene would be?

I ecspect from you guys to tell uss al here what you think would be a cool scene..

I will start first so you know what 2 do

Your doomguy walks to a controll panel after he slayed his first hellknight, he logs in and activates some camera's at diffrent location to see if there are any survivors.
He finds nothing until he sees something on one of the bigscreen monitors: he sees a trail of blood going towards a cornor.. then the half broken light starts to flicker.. and illuminate the room a bit.. you see a marine crawling to a corner and trying to pull himself up. It would be easyer for the wouned marine if he still had his leggs, but everything was ripped off from the waist down.
Just when the wounded marine reaches a ladder.. he gets passed out by the pain.. a unknown demon gets close to the marine ands starts to eat at the marine's guts, the creature pulls out the intestends, then a shock goes trough the marine and he awakes.. the marine looks down and see's the creature and starts crying.. then the half broken light dies, and the corner is imbedded in shadow. The marine screams: Maaaamm! noo!! aaahh!!! and the scream fades away, you now only hear the gorgle of air floathing out his blood filled longs.

The doomguy turnes out the monitor and starts vomithing.. even this was to much for him.. seeing a mate dieing in gruesome pain.

HAMMER-STROKE said:

The doomguy turnes out the monitor and starts vomithing.. even this was to much for him.. seeing a mate dieing in gruesome pain.

I don't want id to go in an personalize the Doomguy like that - some of us (at least I do) prefer to see the Doomguy as a cold-hearted badass, who has already seen gruesome stuff before and is therefore less affected by it. There should also be some space for the player to use his/her imagination.

Cool sequences? Hmm, dunno, I want to see an NPC marine fight some demons and he's killed off (in a gruesome fashion of course) just as you enter the scene.

a cool scene will be if the doom guy id watching a monitor and he watches how his squad is killed by the cyber demon. i agree with dsm ...the doom guy should be a cold-hearted badass.

I cant imagine "cool scene" without real-time limb splating , bone crushing and so on. Looks like doom3 hasnt included this feature.

You walk into a very dark room with slivers of light from the corridor outside revealing blood splattered walls. The music playing is foreboding and eerie. Something however is not right, for you can hear a ghastly breathing in the room, but it also sounds sort of like distorted laughter.

There's a light switch nearby, and when you turn it on, it reveals this: A man's body, clearly dead with a massive hole in his chest, who's floating in midair, who's the source of the breathing/laughter. Without warning, the music stops. There's a crash behind you, which turns out to be a chair falling over. The body hits the ground but the breathing continues.

Suddenly, a fountain of blood spews from the body's chest and hits the wall, which drips down to reveal a Latin phrase rewritten backwards. Sounds of screaming and crying boom in the room, and more objects overturn or fly around the room. The body sits up and attacks you (zombie).

Just as you dispatch him, a Hell Knight bashes down the wall with his body (I mean, literally charging through it) and knocks you off your feet.

A cool scene would be when the marine access a special computer. You enter a secret code and POOF ! an interview and making of Doom with comments from ID personnel. That would be a cool scene and a great Easter Egg :P

Dark Fox said:

Whoa.. account is still alive.. aces..

Yo, rival!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

dsm said:

I don't want id to go in an personalize the Doomguy like that - some of us (at least I do) prefer to see the Doomguy as a cold-hearted badass, who has already seen gruesome stuff before and is therefore less affected by it. There should also be some space for the player to use his/her imagination.

Cool sequences? Hmm, dunno, I want to see an NPC marine fight some demons and he's killed off (in a gruesome fashion of course) just as you enter the scene.

According to history of Doom:
You're a marine, one of Earth's toughest, hardened in combat and trained for action. Three years ago you assaulted a superior officer for ordering his soldiers to fire upon civilians. He and his body cast were shipped to Pearl Harbor, while you were transferred to Mars, home of the Union Aerospace Corporation.

That pretty much has been personalized with such a description.

Well... you walk up to a console. Upon activating it it starts up doom or doom2 and plays the titlepic and the 3 demo sequence (over and over.) I'll play doom3 just to get to the place or secret containing this easter egg if they happen to use this idea.

I want a Cyber Demon ripping apart some Marines that have no ammo for their guns and can't hide from that damned Demon >:) Or that a Mancubus kills a whole squad of marines whit it's fire balls and the Marines scream in pain as the ball explodes and the whole body does to

Ultimate Demon said:

Or that a Mancubus kills a whole squad of marines whit it's fire balls and the Marines scream in pain as the ball explodes and the whole body does to

I hope that the mancubus wields proper flamethrowers a la RtCW's (but working in a bit more believable fashion this time) instead of those fireballs and that it can turn things into torches >:-] - that would seriously make it rock so hard.

Oh and welcome back Dark Fox, have you brought the pimp duck with ya? :-)

I don't want the Doomguy to be a cold-hearted badass. <---no personality. He's a human, not a machine.

I'd like to see the Doom guy become increasingly cold-hearted as he approaches the portal to Hell, and become simply brutal and evil while in Hell.

GS-1719 said:

I'd like to see the Doom guy become increasingly cold-hearted as he approaches the portal to Hell, and become simply brutal and evil while in Hell.

hmm. I don't think we'll get to know his 'personality', actually. He is you, remember? :)

Shaviro said:

hmm. I don't think we'll get to know his 'personality', actually. He is you, remember? :)

The point is that I want to imagine the Doomguy's personality for myself - I don't want to get the impression that he's shitting his pants throughout the whole game, because I always preferred to see him as an almost fearless badass - how else is he supposed to be able to withstand the horrors of Hell?

I don't think Doom marine is supposed to be that cold-hearted, at least I'm sure it is not exactly how he begins with according to the story. If a person who actually cares for a pet for such a little cute rabbit, that proves he hasn't lost his conscienceness, yet.

Dark Fox said:

Eh.. I may start UNREAL spamming the boards like I use to, may or maynot.. see alot of new peeops.. =)

um, sure, pair up with Jermey and deadnail to gain up on me >:D

he looked abit afraid when he came out of that elivator in the (...) movie.. so I guess he has feelings.. this is no focking terminator.

dsm said:

The point is that I want to imagine the Doomguy's personality for myself...

you probably know this, but that's what the idea was when doom was still being desgined.

John Romero said:

The main character, was not the steroid-pumping Marine, but someone who had been thrown into space becuase he sucked. That concept perished almost instantly because we wanted the player to feel strong and capable. Incidently, the main character has no real personality. the less you know about him, the more likely you as the player will feel free to invent your own personality for him.

It's cool cause everyone has their own Doomguy...yes i happen to like the name they used in the books, even tho the books themselves were, well...They shall not be mentioned again. Besides, one of you apes come up with a better name!

HAMMER-STROKE said:

I ecspect from you guys to tell uss al here what you think would be a cool scene..

I will start first so you know what 2 do

Your doomguy walks to a controll panel after he slayed his first hellknight, he logs in and activates some camera's at diffrent location to see if there are any survivors etc.

I don't really like the idea for that. It's supposed to be scary and all, but not really depressing and sad. It's not a WWII movie (which is what your description reminds me of for some reason) it's an action game that creeps your out because you don't know what ugly creature lies around the next dark corner.

For the camera idea maybe there could be nothing on the picture at all, but when you go next door (where the camera is), there's a slaughterhouse with blood and bodies and maybe another Hell Knight or some Pinkies there.

To further creep you out, you look at the corner where the camera's POV was from, and there's only a missing mount there.

Use3D said:

[...] Besides, one of you [of the master race] come up with a better name!

Oh, come on... like, John Capuccio.

dsm said:

The point is that I want to imagine the Doomguy's personality for myself - I don't want to get the impression that he's shitting his pants throughout the whole game, because I always preferred to see him as an almost fearless badass - how else is he supposed to be able to withstand the horrors of Hell?

I think anyone would be afraid of them...What's so bad about being scared?

yupz.. I mean.. the entire game is being based on making to make you scared.. you are the player.. so when you are scared.. so will be the player.. ahhwel

Shaviro said:

I think anyone would be afraid of them...What's so bad about being scared?

You don't think clearly when you're scared, you're more liable to fuck up when you're scared, and I've always imagined that Hell thrives on your fears - the less fear you show the less liable Hell is to gain an edge.
Come on, I never said I wanted the doomguy to be a fucking terminator, but I wanted him to be more badass than other marines.
I just can't see the Doomguy vomiting because he sees a fucking corpse - he's a marine dammit, marines get to see shit like that when they go to war, so as combat veteran, the Doomguy is already pretty used to disgusting sights. Ever imagined a soldier who's got his intestines torn out and the rest of his body torn apart by a heavy machinegun? That can't be a pretty sight.

If I had wanted him to be a terminator I would've bitched and moaned about that "I smell fear sequence" in the E3 presentation, because I would have had the opinion that the Doomguy should be totally fearless.