Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blackgoblinmagic

Bloodfall map Empyrian - Argent d'nur pre hell architecture???

I would be careful about trying to inject too much religious meaning into Doom. It would just come out really dumb.

However, hell in Doom is real hell. Not just some alien planet.

Quasar said:

Not Christian, but Abrahamic, or at the least Semitic, is still certainly possible. The Jewish Yahweh / Arabic Allah is derived from an aspect of the ancient Semitic chief god, El, ’El gibbōr, meaning quite literally "Warrior God". Hence the wars in Heaven, angels with the spinning flaming sword outside Eden, carrying of the Ark of the Covenant into battle, and God himself supposedly appearing in full armor during one conflict to lead the Hebrews.

So *if* it's intended that this was an angelic culture and not a human one, then it still makes perfect sense in the context of this religious backdrop. I'm not convinced personally though. These still could have just been "elevated" humans with advanced understanding of the occult.

This makes lots of sence.I belive Night sentinels are the super human like(or not human other then look) race that manage to elevate in to other worlds/dimensions and on their path run in to all sort of bizzare things.If they had to worship Wraiths(as codex says guardians as much as protectors..)...Empyrian does looks like sky temple dedicated to Wraith and other dark entities..im shur this leads to some energy sources.Witch makes me feel that the hell dimension maybe isnt the "worst" dimension u can bump in to.or just one of meny, meny.Same as Titans realm, Necropolis were separate worlds pre-hell.

In the first level a UAC spokesman says something like this:

"God created the world in 6 days but imagine what he could have done in 7". Now I know it's just a joke but I think this indicates that God DOES exist in the Doom universe.

Haven't had the chance to play the DLC yet but I took a look at Empyrian on a YouTube video.

I noticed a few pentagrams, wonder what's up with that. The Wraiths also don't seem to be good guys either. AFAIK they are necromancers.

My guess is that they found Argent Energy and started experimenting with life, thus creating demons. Since they don't exactly look like good guys, I'm going to guess they created them to terrorize their enemies, finding the secret to eternal life or they are just failed experiments.

Hope that's not the case, would be kind of lame in a Doom game. Demons are meant to be evil spirits that torment the wicked. Anything else would be out of place.

just want it to say that im convinced Empyrian is the Night sentinel pre-hell world or part of it.
Im also convinced Doomslayer isnt really part of Night sentinels people, he was their leader but i dont think they are same kind/race.They probablly have same enemies.

blackgoblinmagic said:

just want it to say that im convinced Empyrian is the Night sentinel pre-hell world or part of it.
Im also convinced Doomslayer isnt really part of Night sentinels people, he was their leader but i dont think they are same kind/race.They probablly have same enemies.

Yes I think this too, the way night sentinels 'revere' him after you collect the crucible and before you go into the spidey boss pit, its as if he is ''otherworldly'' to them. Like a god, or at least a demigod. And i dont think he is their betrayer and the icon of sin his son, as this wouldn't happen otherwise.

DooM_RO said:

In the first level a UAC spokesman says something like this:

"God created the world in 6 days but imagine what he could have done in 7". Now I know it's just a joke but I think this indicates that God DOES exist in the Doom universe.

how did I miss this? lol

It's both fascinating and frustrating that the multiplayer Doom maps have offered up so many interesting and fresh looking locales for us to stare at. For all of Multiplayer's faults, they at least have some great environmental design. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more or less just become a place for old unused concept art to get realized. Or perhaps even testing out areas for a sequel.

MsKaye said:

It's both fascinating and frustrating that the multiplayer Doom maps have offered up so many interesting and fresh looking locales for us to stare at. For all of Multiplayer's faults, they at least have some great environmental design. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more or less just become a place for old unused concept art to get realized. Or perhaps even testing out areas for a sequel.

I agree.Im bit surprised that Empyrian appeared in last expansion and not earlier, since they might just decide to give us small look/hint in to Night sentinel.Honestly this is the only Sentinels conected part in all of expensions.And all other maps are demons guts, hell, or uac faciliies.
This one stands out one way or another.

And if u pay close attention to chatedral itself reminds heavily of crusaders temple of worship...but like of occult religion.There are pentagrams and 5 pointed stars witch i guess its only to confuse u further but both signs are used in the occult.All the stained glass imagery gives obvious religious feeling and the entities on it are i assume just rendom design in my wiev related to the Wraith-monester-family...witch were worshiped by Nght sentinels if u remember.Thers also Doomslayers mark every 5 meters.

NOW, this might be complete coincidence.Even when u see the id interwievs u understand that story is ment to be fun...but to me id is also a company that pays very, very close attention to details.I can't see these map designs as "yeahh fuck it, lets just throw this in".I belive these imigery is carefuly thrown in to at least confuse u further.

ps, have u noticed this guy in argent breach holds a Crucible.Again just my blind guess but I belive this guy is related to the Night sentinels religion rather then a hell demon.Demons are rather avoiding crucible by a mile it seems to me.Again could be just a coincidence.

massivefanofdoom said:

Crucible has to play a big part in the upcoming game, it might hold the key to something very important

Satan...

I posted them in another thread many months ago, but here's some Demon VOs that aren't present in the game and were found by someone over at /doomleaks/ around release:

"Could he be demon kin, spawned from the loin of a grotesque infidel? Yet, the seal of the heretic binds him. His origin is as dark as his coming."

"The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike. It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found."

"Yet even as the Doom Slayer revels in the spoils of his war, another shall rise from the fires: a dark priest consumed by the Crucible. And even the Doom Slayer shall weep in his shadow."

"The heretic-turned-apostle Olivia, birthed of the dawn of our resurrection, by her hand we cross the divide. And for her tribute, she shall be granted the form of the Dread Widow."

Sig said:

Satan...

well, yeah, pretty much LOL

I think hayden becomes the icon of sin and wakes it from its dormant stage. He will be the boss, with possibly an appearance by the dark lord of hell.

MrSkeltal said:

I posted them in another thread many months ago, but here's some Demon VOs that aren't present in the game and were found by someone over at /doomleaks/ around release:

Last one I think is in the codex, and its obviously referencing olivia becoming the SM

"Could he be demon kin, spawned from the loin of a grotesque infidel? Yet, the seal of the heretic binds him. His origin is as dark as his coming."

This could be a reference to the many wads and megawads, where Doomguy basically jumped from dimension to dimension, which is even implied in the story.

"The power held within the Crucible will punish man-born and demon kin alike. It will crush the divide. It will corrupt all realms. It will create the monster. It must never be found."

This could be a prophetic set up for an upcoming Hell on Earth and possibly other realms of existence, including the Quake champions universe (more on this later)

"Yet even as the Doom Slayer revels in the spoils of his war, another shall rise from the fires: a dark priest consumed by the Crucible. And even the Doom Slayer shall weep in his shadow."

This could be referring to Hayden, after the game he was left to "rise from the ashes" from the destruction o the energy supporting the solar system and him getting hold of the Crucible may suggest this. Samuel could become the series´ nemesis for Doomguy, acting outside and against both Hell and Doomguy and possibly become a danger to both.

"The heretic-turned-apostle Olivia, birthed of the dawn of our resurrection, by her hand we cross the divide. And for her tribute, she shall be granted the form of the Dread Widow."

Well, we all know what happened here.

If Doomslayer appears on Quake champions, we could see the beginnings of an id shared universe, where other interdimentional travelers are brought in to fight forever (Galena wears the same symbol as the one from Heretic on her chest). This could be the destination Samuel unknowingly or knowingly sent Doomguy at the end of the game, meaning even the Vadrigar could get involved.

10 hours ago, watstha said:

If Doomslayer appears on Quake champions, we could see the beginnings of an id shared universe, where other interdimentional travelers are brought in to fight forever (Galena wears the same symbol as the one from Heretic on her chest). This could be the destination Samuel unknowingly or knowingly sent Doomguy at the end of the game, meaning even the Vadrigar could get involved.

Doomslayer will show up in QC since he has been in Q3A as well. id would weak the two franchises by sharing their lore. They're strong enough to stand on their own.

@blackgoblinmagic

Wow! We could really use these as Classic doom textures

On 5 May 2017 at 2:37 AM, watstha said:

This could be a reference to the many wads and megawads, where Doomguy basically jumped from dimension to dimension, which is even implied in the story.

This could be a prophetic set up for an upcoming Hell on Earth and possibly other realms of existence, including the Quake champions universe (more on this later)

This could be referring to Hayden, after the game he was left to "rise from the ashes" from the destruction o the energy supporting the solar system and him getting hold of the Crucible may suggest this. Samuel could become the series´ nemesis for Doomguy, acting outside and against both Hell and Doomguy and possibly become a danger to both.

Well, we all know what happened here.

HA!!!Well spoted sir.That is the sign from heretic.

This however could be the just Id internal "family" joke as all these heroes do basicly exists in same reality.The internet.

But still nice found.

Did enyone noticed the odd snakes/tails in QC Blood covenant?I wonder what happend there :)