Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DAZZER

Want me to play your Map ?

I personally love it when I see other People playing my Maps. So I decided to use my Youtube Channel DAZZER https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEpeZ_PMNh4YBd-Jvz1Caw for uploading first Playthroughs of your Doom Creations :) ! I will play/test any Maps (no trolls) you want me to play. You could use me as a free Playtester and see how the general Doom Player will play your Map and where the WAD has its up and downs :) Im not the best Doom Player in the World and i dont have many subs... But I hope atleast some of you guys are interested :D !

If you want me to record one of your Maps just post the download Link with Necessary Informations (Source Port, Difficulty, Mapslot...). Of course you would be named in the description :D

I think its a cool Idea and I hope I can play some cool Maps. Thanks for reading and Happy Christmas ! :D

yaqxsw said:

Play VeryHard. Many people want see how you pass impossible maps :))))

*pounces into the thread*
AAHA! You claimed your VeryHard mapset was not impossible, just that "with strategy, it's possible" to finish! Now it's impossible, hmm?

Alright I'm done, carry on folks. Won't be able to give you a map to play right now though.

DooM_RO said:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/p-r/retrbtn

My first map, which I worked very hard on. It is a huge, non-linear map for E2M8 with a focus on exploration

Keep in mind that there are a few oddities I forgot to fix such as HOM, unpegged textures and a few unfinished rooms. Still I am eager to hear what people have to say about it.

I played your Map (all of it). I think i never played such an atmospheric WAD Great job ! The Video may take a while :)

Voros said:

*pounces into the thread*
AAHA! You claimed your VeryHard mapset was not impossible, just that "with strategy, it's possible" to finish! Now it's impossible, hmm?

Alright I'm done, carry on folks. Won't be able to give you a map to play right now though.

You have wrong understand my text. I meant, he would try my WAD, where many people said "It impossible" and show, that it isnt impossible.

Yeah, i like this idea :D

I most certainly have a map for you then and it is my latest one.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/travmoon

Name: Travelling to the moon
Game (iwad): Doom II
Sourceport: prboom+ 2.5.1.4, complevel 9
Build time: 6 months
Version: Final version
Map slot: map01
Music: "voyage" by jimmy (boom) and "unfinished cathedral" by dan terminus (zdoom/gzdoom, etc...)

As for the map itself, i would say that it is fairly difficult but not impossible. You should be fine i guess. I wouldn't suggest playing this with bd as it has quite the ammount of monsters. Oh, jumping and crouching is not recommended (disabled by default in zdoom ports).

The_Trigger said:

Yeah, i like this idea :D

I most certainly have a map for you then and it is my latest one.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/travmoon

Name: Travelling to the moon
Game (iwad): Doom II
Sourceport: prboom+ 2.5.1.4, complevel 9
Build time: 6 months
Version: Final version
Map slot: map01
Music: "voyage" by jimmy (boom) and "unfinished cathedral" by dan terminus (zdoom/gzdoom, etc...)

As for the map itself, i would say that it is fairly difficult but not impossible. You should be fine i guess. I wouldn't suggest playing this with bd as it has quite the ammount of monsters. Oh, jumping and crouching is not recommended (disabled by default in zdoom ports).

Thanks for the suggestion :)

This is very generous of you :)

I'd love it if you could have a look at my map and give me some feedback, its a single map but quite large, with a variety of environments and encounters. (recommended GZ Doom), and you'll want freelook and jumping enabled. I haven't implemented difficulty yet because I need feedback on how easy/hard it is as is in order to calibrate it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Py_bjA0xTAVThHQjlBU1lHVjg

Its thread is here https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/91962-citadel-wad/

DAZZER said:

I played your Map (all of it). I think i never played such an atmospheric WAD Great job ! The Video may take a while :)

Why thank you ^^

Alrighty, I like how you play and I'm always eager for more people to test my wad. I don't have many streams of my maps in its current state so I would love to see you test it out. That is, if you're open to Brutal Doom specific wads.

Name: Operation UAC
Sourceport: Zandronum (ideal) or GZDoom
Game: Doom 2
Requirements: Brutal Doom v20B
Map Quantity: 9
Recommended Difficulty: Ultra Violence or higher
Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/operation-uac#comments
Please read the Moddb page for any known issues and recommendations.

Are you familiar with Brutal Doom Gameplay? If not then take note:
- Brutal Doom has Grenades (G) that are great room cleaners
- I balanced the ammo in consideration that head shots down stronger enemies quickly

My goal of the wad was to effectively utilize Brutal Doom and modern Source Ports features. Have I achieved it? Your can decide.

Im really happy so much people like my idea and im able to play so much cool maps i wouldnt have find without you :) but keep in mind im just a human too.. Sony Vegas needed 5 hours to render DooM_RO's Playthrough... but i will do my best to upload the videos as quick as possible :D also i made some subscribers ! thanks for the support ^^

That's awesome Dazzer! Glad you have liked the music! It's the first time I see some footage of this level too!

The_Trigger said:

As for the map itself, i would say that it is fairly difficult but not impossible.

sorry but this Map is way to difficulty for me :c I tried yesterday evening for like 100 times to beat this Map. today I finally survived the yellow key and thought i had the hardest part behind me... then i reached the red key area... There is enough life but i didnt have enough munition for the plasma and for rockets i dont have enough space... im sad and sorry i cant show this wad cause its a really beautiful Valiant like looking Map :c

DAZZER said:

What should i say Chezza I think you know you created something beautiful :)

Haha awesome, I would love to watch the entire play through. Just be advised that you can set R to reload so you can load your ammo before the next fight.

A few things to note about BD:
- You can set R to reload so you can load your ammo before the next fight
- Berserk pack will allow fists to glory kill for a health bonus
- Pressing Q can kick enemies away, some particular enemies can get a stun
- You can dual wield Assault Rifle and Plasma Rifle if you find at least two of each

Chezza said:

Haha awesome, I would love to watch the entire play through.

Thanks for the info :) i dont play with bd very often and yeah of course i will finish your wad :D

Hey, I'd be interested in you trying out my wad. I'd recommend HNTR for a fun challenge as the other difficulties can be a bit more rough. It would also let me know if there's stuff I need to tone down a bit more.

Name: Quantum Strike Beta2a
Sourceport: Boom Format so GLBoom+ or GZDoom/Zandronum
Game: Doom 2
Map Quantity: 3 and a short bonus map.
Recommended Difficulty: HNTR