Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caffeine Freak

Carrie Fisher Has Died :(

Why does this shit have to happen to the best people? ;_;

Best of luck to her.

The early reports suggested she stopped breathing for 10 minutes. CPR was applied immediately, but that's a lot of time. :(

MFG38 said:

best people? ;_;

Errrm, how is she the best person? She is far from that.

VGA said:

Wow. Way to burst my bubble.

What's wrong with her? Sure she suffers from bipolar disorder and substance abuse, but that doesn't make her evil or anything.

Gez said:

What's wrong with her? Sure she suffers from bipolar disorder and substance abuse, but that doesn't make her evil or anything.

I agree with you.And above all else, she is a human being.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/carrie-fisher-dead-star-wars-actress-was-60-959097

Carrie Fisher has passed from complications of a heart attack she suffered over the weekend.

I know, I know, she had some rough years between OG Star Wars and now, especially with drugs and depression, but she really seemed like she was making one hell of a comeback, especially given the new Star Wars Episodes, and especially hard-hitting my feels after seeing Rogue One (I won't elaborate so I don't spoil it for those whom have yet to watch).

RIP. May The Force Be With You, Always.

RIP Carrie Fisher. May the force be with you. My day, and the rest of the goddamn year is permanently ruined.

Really hope all this random celebrity death is just a 2016 thing.

Sad to see such a memorable person go at 60.

Sick Bow said:

Really hope all this random celebrity death is just a 2016 thing.

Sadly I really don't think it is. Pop culture expanded a lot around the 60s and 70s I think, a lot of people at the forefront of it are getting on a bit now, and it seems most of them don't live very long, relatively. It sucks, but this year is just the beginning.

Eris Falling said:

Sadly I really don't think it is. Pop culture expanded a lot around the 60s and 70s I think, a lot of people at the forefront of it are getting on a bit now, and it seems most of them don't live very long, relatively. It sucks, but this year is just the beginning.

Well on a side note her mother is still alive, painfully I'd imagine. Nowadays, 60 to 70 isn't "young" by any stretch, but it's not the age people should be dropping like flies. Maybe just some bad luck, if you believe in that crap.

VGA said:

You know they didn't mean that literally, and they said that out of respect. It's not too difficult to set aside the feeling of needing to be a smart-ass to have a little respect for a very popular actress that literally died today. But everyone else has already clarified that, I think :)

It is at this point where I can safely say that Doom 2016 was the only good thing that ever happened this year, and this year can go burn in an oil slick surrounded by a flaming ocean of lava.

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is."

-Yoda

She will be sorely missed.

DooMAD said:

Carrie Fisher: drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra. RIP.

Heh, this is cute. Goodbye, princess.

I thought she was going to do fine in the hospital, but now that I heard she died, it sucks. I didn't know the actress too well to be honest, but her role as Princess Leia was legendary. Also, did Episode VIII of Star Wars finish filming? If not, then there might be some trouble with the character if all her scenes weren't recorded yet. Either way, my condolences go to her friends and family.

Eris Falling said:

You are correct. For the longest time you weren't famous until you were on TV, but the 70s and 80s changed all that. And a lot of the people who became stars during that time are getting their AARP cards.

There's something of an upside to all this though, in that the frequent keeling over of really notable people like Prince and Carrie Fisher is raising visibility of people whose deaths might otherwise go unnoticed, like Richard Adams.

NiTROACTiVE said:

I thought she was going to do fine in the hospital, but now that I heard she died, it sucks. I didn't know the actress too well to be honest, but her role as Princess Leia was legendary. Also, did Episode VIII of Star Wars finish filming? If not, then there might be some trouble with the character if all her scenes weren't recorded yet. Either way, my condolences go to her friends and family.

Her scenes for episode 8 were already filmed and completed. Anyones guess if she was supposed to be in Episode 9 (I'd assume so), but they'll likely cut down her scenes and use a CG model as theyve done already for others, and this would be no surprise to you if you've seen Rogue One.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/carrie-fisher-dead-death-star-wars-viii-8-1201948826/

I never watched Star Wars as I thought it looked stupid. But recently I've become interested in what the movies have to offer, so I'll watch them soon.

RIP. What a shitty year.

I'm tempted to say there is a pattern. We're probably going to see more people of her generation die. Hard living has that kind of toll.

Rest well.